Best Way to Renew Your Hair System

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok. So your hair system is over 6-months old and you want to get a few more months out of it.

What have you tried and any positive results?

I have tried tepid to warm (not hot) olive oil rubbed into the hair halfway up and also mayonnaise left in for 20 minutes. Both I wash out. The warm olive oil seems to renew it but only for a few days.

Any longer term ideas? :)

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have read about this. Is it quite tricky to master? There seem to be a few warnings with doing it.

Have you tried deep conditioning in a bag?

Sassy99

Reaction score
I have read about this. Is it quite tricky to master? There seem to be a few warnings with doing it.

Have you tried deep conditioning in a bag?

The bleach bath makes the hair *very* silky and shiny. In fact, I always get compliments on how shiny my hair is right after I do it. It seems to make the cuticle lay flat again so if your system is "crawling" (where it seems to get matted when you aren't doing *any*thing) it helps immensely. I was afraid to do it initially, but once I decided the system was going to be retired anyway, there was no harm in trying and seeing it it would work.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
many thanks sassy. I will definitely give it a go on my current system once my new one arrives.