Best Way To Remove Glue From A Poly Thin Skin

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask a quick question about glue removal. What do you guys use to remove glue residue from the underside of a poly thin skin?

I have currently been using C-22 and a steel wool cloth, but I was wondering if there are better methods out there.

Thanks.

Currently on my third week of a complete DIY hair system.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the fastest method I have found:

I spray c-22 and rapid release on the base and let it sit for around 5 minutes

I then let it dry so it's a little tacky

Carefully I use an old gift card (these are great for cleaning skin base) and collect the adhesive residue

You can also use a microfiber cloth and it comes right off but be gentle

Shampoo base

Shampoo / condition as usual

20 minutes...job done!

Cotton wool works great aswell, especially of you have a lace front (do this at the start though) as it will stick to any live adhesive.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the fastest method I have found:

I spray c-22 and rapid release on the base and let it sit for around 5 minutes

I then let it dry so it's a little tacky

Carefully I use an old gift card (these are great for cleaning skin base) and collect the adhesive residue.

THANK YOU. The old gift card is a phenomenal idea. This is what this community is meant to be.

One quick question: What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

I have found that the shampoo I have been using has been severely drying out my hair system, making it brittle and a tangled mess. It makes it really hard to brush and manage, creating knots that get pulled when I'm brushing my hair system.

I haven't used shampoo in so long (been bald for 3 years prior to this) so I don't have much of an idea. I've also never bought conditioner in my life. Bonus points if these are things I can order off of Amazon.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
THANK YOU. The old gift card is a phenomenal idea. This is what this community is meant to be.

One quick question: What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

I have found that the shampoo I have been using has been severely drying out my hair system, making it brittle and a tangled mess. It makes it really hard to brush and manage, creating knots that get pulled when I'm brushing my hair system.

I haven't used shampoo in so long (been bald for 3 years prior to this) so I don't have much of an idea. I've also never bought conditioner in my life. Bonus points if these are things I can order off of Amazon.

I use palmers coconut oil shampoo / conditioner which you can buy from Amazon. This stuff is free from sulphates and parabens so will help to preserve the colour from fading. Also, they do a leave in conditioner aswell! Which is great for daily use/ styling. I believe the hask products are good aswell.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have cut down the use of shampoo (on the hair system) to around once a month. Shampoo is one of the main causes of dryness and really there isn't much of a need to wash the system - rather, more so there is a need to wash your scalp, which we all (hopefully) do thoroughly during a re-bond.

I still shampoo my bio hair every few days, and at that time I wet the system (while its on my head) and then apply conditioner to it and wash it out after a few minutes.

I've found that my system has lasted so much longer and in a better condition because I haven't been using shampoo so much. Previously I would shampoo it weekly, sometimes twice because that is what I was used to. But that just killed the system, dried it out, faded it, made it shed.

My current UTS is 8 months old and it now needs to be replaced but is still holding up well enough, considering the Covid lockdown. It hasn't faded but has shed a little recently. Previous systems only lasted 4 to 5 months before looking haggard.