Best Way to Prepare UTS Base for Ghostbond Application?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm assuming wiping w/ 99% Iso, but the fact that the glue sticks so well to my head & not so well to my unit is making me wonder...

I only apply the glue to my head, not the base, in fear that the cleanup will be even worse...

timn420

Reaction score
I just apply 99% to my head and nothing to the base, as the salon does. I then wait 5 minutes for the glue on my head and base cure. I'll spray alcohol on my head just before attaching to get some adjustment time in case I need to position the system once I put it on.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just apply 99% to my head and nothing to the base, as the salon does. I then wait 5 minutes for the glue on my head and base cure. I'll spray alcohol on my head just before attaching to get some adjustment time in case I need to position the system once I put it on.
Not a good Idea to spray alcohol on ghostbond, unless removing cleaning.

Alchohol shoud be used with solvent based adhesives, to extend cure time, as it's already the ingredient controlling such action...

If you wish to extend cure time, with water based adhesives, such as ghostbond...a light mist of water will do this.

Solvent/solvent

Water/water

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You use C22 on the base ?? Or you are washing the hair system incl base with some shampoo before ?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remove the piece, clean w C22, dishsoap/shampoo.

At that point it'd be ready to be reworn, but I usually want to take a night off, be toupee-free.