Best way to combat dandruff caused by Minoxidil?

HatGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I've been using Minoxidil for around 3-4 years now and I still can't seem to get rid of the dandruff it causes on my hair. Even when I use Nizoral 1% 3-4x a week, it still won't go away! :thumbdown2: :dunno: :sobbing: :shakehead: Anyone know any good shampoos to get rid of this? The only ones I can think of at the moment are Head & Shoulders and Selsun Blue but I don't know which ones to use...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I've been using it for a few months now and my "dandruff" from the minoxidil residue is only getting worse. I can't get rid of it either unless I take 2-3 days off.

I think I'm just going to suck it up and start buying the foam.

HatGuy

Reaction score
20 Views and no one has even tried good shampoos for Minoxidil Dandruff? This dandruff is so horrible :(

EDIT: @ TheGrayMan: I will probably too.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I've found that washing my hair twice will get rid of a lot of it, but not all the way. Of course, once I apply minoxidil again the whole process starts all over.

After making that post earlier I finally decided to buy a 4 month supply of foam off of Amazon.

Also, the more I think about it, the less I think there is a solution to our problem. If you look at your scalp REALLY closely under harsh light, you can see the tiny, tiny flakes all over the scalp around the hair and stuff. I don't think any shampoo can really get rid of them. Most shampoos chemically change hair or the scalp...there's not much difference in how they can actually remove residual flakes from your head.