best vitamins/supplements to add to a regime

findmyhair

Reaction score
what are the best vitamins/supplements to add to a regime?

what are they and what do they do to help?

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Amigo's!

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Biotin and B vits - Helps the hair you have to grow somewhat and keep it in better condition

MSM powder - increases the growing phase of the hair you have

Nioxin vits - increases the growing phase of the hair you have. (I've read where some women have seen minor fuzz or regrowth with 2 pills a day. But those women may NOT have pattern baldness/dht issues though.)

Saw Palmetto extract - Supposedly reduces dht through reducing aromatase. It doesn't help some but it helps me reduce my shed. Notice I said the extract, it's usually in gel capsule form or a dropper.

Matter of fact I may try the dropper version under my tongue to reduce the impact of stomach acids and digestion and see if it fairs my hair better like that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Saw Palmetto extract - Supposedly reduces dht through reducing aromatase.

Reducing aromatase would increase DHT, not decrease it.

PantherClaw

Reaction score
I've been taking biotin for about two months now. I take a 5000 mcg pill with no ill effects. I've noticed that my hair and nails grow faster but with no actual improvement in hair density or growth.

I hear that MSM works for some people. The recommended dose is from 1,000 mcg to 4,000 mcg. You're suppose to build up your tolerance to it slowly. I attempted to take it for two weeks starting with a 500 mcg dose but constantly had diarrhea. I took it with food and I tried to take it without but still had the same problem. I was not able to tolerate it so I dropped it.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
rwhairlosstalk said:

In that case then grape seed extract should increase DHT because isn't it suppose to reduce aromatase?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
In that case then grape seed extract should increase DHT because isn't it suppose to reduce aromatase?

Not sure about that. Sorry.

Selin_life

Reaction score
Bryan said:
rwhairlosstalk said:

Hi Bryan,

Saw Palmetto exract does anything for hairs except blocking DHT? like increasing quality?

i really would like to know your opinion about Saw Palmetto and sebum. Some says that Saw Palmetto is an anti sebum? it solves sebum problem alone. Saw Palmetto is really useful for it? What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance.

Selin_life

Reaction score
findmyhair said:
what are the best vitamins/supplements to add to a regime?

what are they and what do they do to help?

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Amigo's!

Inositol

Vitamin b3, B5, B6, B12, Folic acid, Biotin

iron

Iodine

Manganese

L-Cystine

L-Methionine

L-Arginine

Silica

MSM.