Best Topical Finasteride Currently Available For Australians?

Lucas92

Reaction score
Conscious of the potentially reduced side effects of topical compared to oral finasteride, I'd love to know where fellow Australians are getting their topical finasteride?

(Background: Norwood 2.5; receding hairline but thick hair otherwise. Have been taking generic oral finasteride at rate of approx .8mg every three days over the past 3-5 years. Primary sides have been brain fog/concentration and memory impairments, and mild gyno. Planning to undergo FUE within the next 3 years).

One local pharmacy - Superpharmacy - offers the below four compounds:

1. Finasteride 0.1% Topical Foam 100ml

2. Finasteride 1% Minoxidil 7% Topical Liquid 50ml

3. Finasteride 0.1% Tretinoin 0.025% Topical Liquid 50ml

4. Finasteride 1% Fluocinolone 0.01% Minoxidil 5% Tretinoin 0.01% Topical Liquid 60mL

Which of the above if any would best suit?

Thanks!

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly.. if I had access to all that stuff I would most definitely go with option #4 -- seems crazy powerful. How much does that cost?

Jikslee2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was following your thread @jazz1 - I’m not really into the idea of using 1% finasteride topical. I’ve been taking finasteride 1/1.25mg for a long time so I’m looking for an alternative to that, rather than upping the dose.

iirc the topical finasteride studies used 0.1, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was following your thread @jazz1 - I’m not really into the idea of using 1% finasteride topical. I’ve been taking finasteride 1/1.25mg for a long time so I’m looking for an alternative to that, rather than upping the dose.

Have you considered dutasteride? in the studies it showed pretty much similar results in terms of libido problems as finasteride. I get weak orgasms on it which i didn't with finasteride, but i think that might be rare. The only real thing you have to watch for on dutasteride are mental sides but personally i don't get any.

Jikslee2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered dutasteride? in the studies it showed pretty much similar results in terms of libido problems as finasteride. I get weak orgasms on it which i didn't with finasteride, but i think that might be rare. The only real thing you have to watch for on dutasteride are mental sides but personally i don't get any.

I actually hadn’t - I’ve generally done very well with finasteride but my hairlines really disappearing now. Not sure if swapping to duta will make a difference there.

I have a dermapen (well Dr Pen) on order so will add that- I’ve also recently stopped being lazy and gone to minoxidil twice a day rather than once! :D

jazz1

Reaction score

Hey I have been fine using topical Finesteride so don’t want to mess around switching compounds yet, as people use Dutasteride and RU58841 as a last resort. The first option is always Finesteride and I have been fine using topical Finesteride.

jazz1

Reaction score

Hey mine is 0.1% topical not 1%, which is the recommended dosage 1mg, Hasson and Wong is higher concentrated like 2.5% which is like 2mg.