Best tools to cut proscar with

VWdude

Reaction score
Around the 8 month mark is when stuff really started to take off, and the results were noticable. waiting is a b**ch, but in time good things will come..

I haven't took propecia since monday... since my proscar pills haven't come in yet, they'll come in tuesday latest...hope that doesn't hinder my results in anyway... I doubt a week without finasteride will do anything, but I made the mistake of waiting for my propecia to run out completely before i ordered proscar online.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
My first attempt at cutting the pills was with a scalpel.

It didn't work- bits everywhere!

I find it's best with just a kitchen knife.

But, the good tip here is to chop 'em up when you're going to take it. You always end up with a little dust and one piece that looks smaller than the rest.

So I take the little piece and suck up the dust.

After a couple of attempts it's not an issue!

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not just snap em in half and half again with your fingers? Or are people too a*** about trying to get exactly 1/4 in each tab?

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
To hard to break apart with your fingers. Best bet is to use a pill cutter cut in half and cut in half again.

VWdude

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Just use the same stuff you use to cut your cocaine rocks.

ohhhhh and how did you get the impression that I am a cokehead???

Felk

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i was looking for advice on cutting proscar. I found that hairlosshelp website where the guy takes photos of doing it, but where is that image that socks or aplunk1 or someone had - the big clear diagram?

I can't seem to dig it up...

Felk

Reaction score
No worries - i found it :)

SplitProscar.jpg

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve4263 said:
I use finpecia myself. Not really sure if this stuff is working or not. Only been on it for 3 months now. Hopefully by june I should see some new regrowth. The waiting is such a pain. At what month did you notice regrowth while on Propecia?

so now that we are coming up on 1 year later---is the generic finpecia working for you?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've always just carefully bitten 1/5 off, the pill always stays in one piece and can be replaced in its slot on the pack for safe keeping.

blakes30

Established Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
I've always just carefully bitten 1/5 off, the pill always stays in one piece and can be replaced in its slot on the pack for safe keeping.

how do you know what 1/5 is?

and more importantly...........what about the other part of the pill that got wet?