Best tools to cut proscar with

VWdude

Reaction score
I'm hearing everything from a box cutting knife to a pill cutter to a scalpel..

Out of experience, which would you recommend is the best and easiest way for splitting proscar in to 5ths, while minimizing crushing or having lots of left over dust?

thanks again!

Goingat20

Reaction score
pill cutter which you can get from your pharmacy

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
one of those cheapy razor blade box cutters where the blades are designed to break off in increments once the edge dulls. You can really get a nice long 3" extension going. Makes for a clean cut. Much easier than using a pill splitter IMHO.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
i just use a chain saw... nice and sweet... does the job real well...

well, that would have been my 2nd suggestion :smash:

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just bite the little blue sonufabitchh into 4 or 5 equal parts

VWdude

Reaction score
when using a box cutter/razor blade,do you just gentley saw away at it, or do you put pressure on the pill with the blade and make sure the pill does not ping everywhere?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
VWdude said:
when using a box cutter/razor blade,do you just gentley saw away at it, or do you put pressure on the pill with the blade and make sure the pill does not ping everywhere?

you just push through it... it cut easily and most of the time, the pills does not "ping" everywhere... razor blade cut much more easier and faster than a pill cutter...

VWdude

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
VWdude said:

you just push through it... it cut easily and most of the time, the pills does not "ping" everywhere... razor blade cut much more easier and faster than a pill cutter...

Thanks! and razor blade it is!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
VWdude said:

you put pressure on the pill with the blade and make sure the pill does not ping everywhere.

keeping index finger and thumb on the edges of the tab will prevent the cut pieces from flying off. place the blade down onto the pill, and give a nice clean 1 stroke cut.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut it in a plastic bag or at least on a tissue, so you can still salvage it, if you f*** it up and crush the pill or it pings

VWdude

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
VWdude said:

you put pressure on the pill with the blade and make sure the pill does not ping everywhere.

keeping index finger and thumb on the edges of the tab will prevent the cut pieces from flying off. place the blade down onto the pill, and give a nice clean 1 stroke cut.

Thanks, just what I needed to hear. I am going out to buy a box cutter blade today, I might practice on some other pill just to get the hang of it before i start cutting up proscar...

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
VWDude,

ive been using proscar for 3 months now, and until recently have used a box cutter. It works OK, but not great. But i recently tried cutting hte pills with a pair of sharp, large scissors and the result was suprisingly good. Far, far better than using a box cutter. You get great control and you always get the cut where you intend to, unlike with box cutters.

I was actually going to post this anyway, because it has made my morning routine soo much easier.

I haven't had an uneven cut since i been using the scissors.

And chances are you've already got some lying around!

cheers.

VWdude

Reaction score
jeeze big enough knife!

Oh, and thats the first time i've heard of someone using scissors to cut the pill...interesting though.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the guy wanted to get medival on the Proscar tablet. I don't believe that the Fincar tablet can be cut into 5ths.

VWdude

Reaction score
no fincar/finpecia for me...I just don't trust generics regardless of what the pharmacy website says about it.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I use finpecia myself. Not really sure if this stuff is working or not. Only been on it for 3 months now. Hopefully by june I should see some new regrowth. The waiting is such a pain. At what month did you notice regrowth while on Propecia?