Best Time To Quit Minoxidil, Right After Shed?

Skal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started rogaine 3 months ago at 5% once a day for my diffused thinning and am currently going through the shedding phase. I didn’t do my research as I should have and want to get off this stuff ASAP as I don’t want to be depended for the rest of life even if it gives me gains. Also, I want to try getting my iron levels up (I am suffering from chronic anemia, and I believe it’s a huge factor for my thinning.

Should I quit it slowly, use it every other day? I figure if I stop now after the initial shedding phase, any regrowth I get won’t be minoxidil depended where as if I continue the treatment and quit down the road I will shed even more.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
people who quit usually recomend that its done slowly, but i dont think there is any research that would state that one way is more beneficial than the other.

Minoxidil/rogain is a great way to regain lost hair, and yes its a lifetime comitment. But the sideeffects are minimal and the cost is not that high (if you use generics), the application takes 1-2 minutes/day so why not use it if you can keep your hair ;)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just quit it, i see no reason to gradually decrease how much you are using, i stopped cold turkey in april. But if you are not getting sides then i don't know why you are stopping? and are you on finasteride or dutasteride?

Skal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just quit it, i see no reason to gradually decrease how much you are using, i stopped cold turkey in april. But if you are not getting sides then i don't know why you are stopping? and are you on finasteride or dutasteride?

When you stopped did you experience a massive shed? I’m not on Finasteride or dutasteride, not sure what other options I have as a woman. I wanted to stop as I can see my skin having bad effects after taking it.