Best time of the day to take finasteride/propecia

DTW

Reaction score
I've read that there is no significance regarding what time of the day that you take finasteride, as long as it is taken daily. However, is this necessarily true?...Does it make a difference what time of the day finasteride is taken to acheive maximum benefits? There does not appear to be much info on this subject and was wondering if those who have had success on finasteride to chime in and indicate what time of the day they take their finasteride. Thanks

DTW

Reaction score
That is interesting because this is for the most part what i've read...That around 7AM is the best time to take finasteride as your T levels are at their highest. But would this not depend on the individual? Or is it safe to say that regardless what time of the day, finasteride will effectively suppress DHT?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DTW said:
... There does not appear to be much info on this subject ...
You got it. There's no study on it.

For the typical American lifestyle, I believe, taking finasteride from Mondays to Fridays between 10 am to 3 pm makes it more effective unless Saturday is the same as their weekdays. Sundays may even allow one to skip it or to take very low doses.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been noticing that finasteride makes me a little anxious for a few hours after taking the pill. So if I take it in the morning I have to deal with feeling a little anxious throughout the day. If I take it before bed I just go to sleep and wake up feeling fine. It may all be in my head but I thought I would share.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride should be more effective during the times you feel something different. It's the side effect. Unlike some pills, it's not meant to make one feel better.

It's a total waste if taken before sleeping.

How long does the feeling lasts?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
freakout said:
For the typical American lifestyle, I believe, taking finasteride from Mondays to Fridays between 10 am to 3 pm makes it more effective unless Saturday is the same as their weekdays. Sundays may even allow one to skip it or to take very low doses.

Testosterone is high....what about dhea and male pattern baldness development? In evolutionary terms? It is the missing link...no?
There is always a consequence of you violate your adaptation. male pattern baldness is a consequence of that violation. To others, who escape male pattern baldness, they may be predisposed to other conditions.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
freakout said:
Finasteride should be more effective during the times you feel something different. It's the side effect. Unlike some pills, it's not meant to make one feel better.

It's a total waste if taken before sleeping.

How long does the feeling lasts?

I have been taking the pill for 7 months before sleeping and I'm very pleased with my progress. Definitely not a total waste of time.

Hard to pin point exactly how long the feeling lasts. Its generally a few hours.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also take before bed and it's definitely working as it's halted my loss, killed the itch and allowed the Minoxidil to get busy with regrowth.

I've recently switched to early morning to see if there's any difference in labido (though my labido is currently fine, I'm just curious if it will raise/lower!)

GodisnotBald

Reaction score
So guys,

Other people taking finasteride in the morning? I've observed that all the guys who experienced the most significant evolution have something in common: the habit of taking finasteride in the morning

AlvinL

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take mine each morning on an empty stomach and no problem. Take around the same time each day.
fintm1.png

Last edited: