Best Tape For The Hairline? Or Strongest Glue?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying to use tape for my hairline as I want to see if I get a longer lasting bond than with glue. I currently use Walker Tape safe grip extended wear adhesive for my hairline and Supertape for the rest of my head. I am finding I need to touch up the front with glue more frequently than I would like, so I'd like to give tape a try. I don't have a totally exposed hairline, even though I wear my hair in a central parting.

Is there any tape designed especially for the hairline, and if so what is the strongest type? Ideally I want something that is thinner and narrower that normal tape, but I suppose there is the possibility of using my current Supertape fand simply cutting it to make it narrower so it fits on the hairline.

Alternatively, I'd like to know if there is a stronger bonding glue than Walker Tapesafe grip extended wear? I dunno, maybe I just need to put more layers of it on (I generally use 2 at the moment) to get a stronger and longer lasting bond.

Thanks.

Reactions: TEG

Noah

Reaction score
My favourite tape for the hairline is Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape. It is sufficiently thin and discreet that you can use it and still expose your hairline.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My favourite tape for the hairline is Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape. It is sufficiently thin and discreet that you can use it and still expose your hairline.

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked up Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape on Hair Direct and there seem to be a bewildering number of varieties of it. Are these the correct product (and I presume it comes only in strips and not as a roll?):

https://www.hairdirect.com/catalogs...+thin+lace+support+tape&product_list_limit=30

It seems it comes in different contour shapes - how do you match the contour of the tape to the shape of your hairline on a custom made system? Presumably you'd have to trim the tape a bit to match it exactly?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I looked up Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape on Hair Direct and there seem to be a bewildering number of varieties of it. Are these the correct product (and I presume it comes only in strips and not as a roll?):

https://www.hairdirect.com/catalogs...+thin+lace+support+tape&product_list_limit=30

It seems it comes in different contour shapes - how do you match the contour of the tape to the shape of your hairline on a custom made system? Presumably you'd have to trim the tape a bit to match it exactly?

Chances are your custom system is a "C" or "CC" ask your supplier.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried every tape out there, except the new "green tape" and always go back to walker no shine tape.