Best System For Fully Exposed Hairline

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to beleve thinkskin was the way to go but i'm having doubts now.
also, how do indian remi hair compare to european hair? My hair are really thin.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always read that lace is best for an exposed hairline, but I have never tried lace because I find UTS so comfortable and very easy to clean/re-fit.

I didn't trust exposed hairlines until recently, which you can see in my post @ https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/pumped-about-my-new-hair-pictures-attached.129079/

This is a UTS system.

Indian remi hair will always be thicker than European hair. Euro hair is more expensive but I reckon it will look a lot better. Personally I'm not a fan of Indian remi hair but it is much easier and cheaper to source.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always read that lace is best for an exposed hairline, but I have never tried lace because I find UTS so comfortable and very easy to clean/re-fit.

I didn't trust exposed hairlines until recently, which you can see in my post @ https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/pumped-about-my-new-hair-pictures-attached.129079/

This is a UTS system.

Indian remi hair will always be thicker than European hair. Euro hair is more expensive but I reckon it will look a lot better. Personally I'm not a fan of Indian remi hair but it is much easier and cheaper to source.

I'm still not confident enought to get a UTS, i sweat allot and i would rather let my skin breath, also from what i read on internet, a Swiss lace will outlast a UTS by a long time.

As for Indian hair, you confirm my worries, my hair are natually super thin, weiring a system with thick hair would definetly give it away.
but i read that remy hair lasted much longer then processed hair.
I would like my system to last at least 3 months

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still not confident enought to get a UTS, i sweat allot and i would rather let my skin breath, also from what i read on internet, a Swiss lace will outlast a UTS by a long time.

As for Indian hair, you confirm my worries, my hair are natually super thin, weiring a system with thick hair would definetly give it away.
but i read that remy hair lasted much longer then processed hair.
I would like my system to last at least 3 months

Remy hair is processed hair, the only difference is that the hair strands all go the same direction. If it weren't processed, it would not be able to be colored.

European hair is also processed, and it's thinner.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remy hair is processed hair, the only difference is that the hair strands all go the same direction. If it weren't processed, it would not be able to be colored.

So they both last about the same?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the first question, depending on color, density, thinskin can provide better hairline. ( no dark knots ) but lace with bleached knots could do the trick.
I was a lace wearer until recently. Tried a thinskin and like it a lot, as long as I don't sweat and weather cool. With covid confinement I also do daily wear using got2be glued (hair gel) which does the job for a day. For a prolonged wear, I prefer lace, for breathability

Oliver_garden

My Regimen
Reaction score

BaldBearded, you explained that the only difference between normal hair and Remy hair is, that the hair strands of Remy hair all go to the same direction, but both sre processed. I do have two important questions about that:

1. What is the advantage of Remy hair?

2. Ventilation methods like v-loop or knotting techniques lead to a situation, that the hair strands don‘t go in one direction anymore because the knot or the v-construction is in the middle of the hair and the hair root will be parallel to the hair tip afterwards. Is it still called remy then and what is the advantage in comparison to non-remy hair then?

Please also message me for the supplier information:)

thanks