Best surgeon for FUE for a diffuse thinner

111s

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been unable to let this hair thing go as i'd hoped so have remained on the Finesteride even though i'd planned not to (6 years now).

My crown is now at the limits of what I think Nanogen Fibres can cope with wothout being very obvious.

So, i'm consdiering FUE (strip is a non starter as may need to shave if in years to come).

Who is the recognised leader? Location isn't a problem although I am uk based. I'm 37 have been thinning slowly for about 13 years and am prob a NW3 /4 with vertex.

Thanks in advance

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
A hair transplant on a diffuse thinner is risky and a lot of surgeons won't do them

The problem is shockloss to the native hair, you could end up looking the same or even worse.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
What exactly is shock loss. I am guessing it is the native hair on top of the scalp that is Temporarily lost due to having a razor stabbed next to it for placement of the new graft. WHat about the donor site. A 1 mm biopsy punch cant be too friendly to the neighbor follicle that remains. Do these also experience shock loss.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
keepinthehair said:
What exactly is shock loss. I am guessing it is the native hair on top of the scalp that is Temporarily lost due to having a razor stabbed next to it for placement of the new graft. WHat about the donor site. A 1 mm biopsy punch cant be too friendly to the neighbor follicle that remains. Do these also experience shock loss.

Yes shockloss is when the native hair falls out due to the incisions made next to them. But it can be temporary or permanent. And it is more likely to be permanent with diffuse thinners which is why it is more risky.

I don't think there is a big risk of shockloss with the hairs in the donor region with FUE. I've never seen a case of it but then I haven't seen them all.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
How does one go about a second transplant to increase density? Does this not also create shock loss risk of the first transplanted grafts. Obviously there is a limit on placing a safe density among viable follicles as eventually they would be overcome with scar tissue as the grafts are placed closer and closer.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
keepinthehair said:
How does one go about a second transplant to increase density? Does this not also create shock loss risk of the first transplanted grafts. Obviously there is a limit on placing a safe density among viable follicles as eventually they would be overcome with scar tissue as the grafts are placed closer and closer.

Yes there is a risk of shockloss with the transplanted hair, but this tends to me stronger and less vulnerable than weak native hair.

Doug Jarvis

Reaction score
I have a diffuse covering of my scalp ( I'm a ~ Norwood 6 ) but most of what is covering it is wispy, transplanted hair. I am interested in a final hair transplant and may need to have an FUE due to having a tight scalp. I am interested in opinions on Dr. Rahal.

El Nino

Established Member
Reaction score
Doug Jarvis said:
I am interested in opinions on Dr. Rahal.

I would highly recommend Dr. Rahal after having two hair transplants with him. In my opinion he is a highly skilled and ethical Surgeon.

If you have any questions just ask Doug. It might be a better idea to start your own topic though.