Best Shampoos and Conditioners

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
I will let you know how it goes in case you do want to give the 1% a shot.

Did you notice anything else apart from shedding? Did your hair get itchy or dry? Scalp sore or red?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will let you know how it goes in case you do want to give the 1% a shot.

Did you notice anything else apart from shedding? Did your hair get itchy or dry? Scalp sore or red?

It didn't help with my itching from what I can remember. I think it did dry my hair out for a day or so. My scalp was fine from pain. I think my scalp may have turned red but I can't be 100% sure.

I dont wish to scare anyone off using it but I seem to have had a bad experience. I've only seen a few other post around the place with people having issues with nizoral.

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've only used the 1% a couple of times so it's way too early to tell if it's doing anything BUT it is much more pleasant to use than the 2% and has caused no irritation whatsoever. The texture of it is far different, it has a creamy thicker look like those 2 in 1 shampoos instead of the clear red syrup of the 2% (looked like cough medicine). Obviously it does have conditioner in it going by both the texture and the fact that it didn't dry my hair out at all.

I have a good feeling it will work well for me as I had irritation with the 2% pretty much instantly. Oh and this smells nicer too, it's a lot more mild.

frankierl77

Reaction score
I know how important Nizoral is, but I'm wondering what other people use to supplement this shampoo on their off days. Nizoral helped with my itch a good amount, but I still have a little bit of it left probably due to dryness. Is there a popular shampoo/conditioner hairloss people typically get?
Yes nizoral Is very important Like a placebo for your mind, Complete wastes of money, Im gonna Attack Nizoral company them selves, Tired of hearing about Stupid Crap. To supplement the shampoo, Try Standing upside down on your head on wet concrete., But seriously, A shampoo to help with your itch due to dryness? Any shampoo in grocery store that Says For dry or itchy scalp LMAO Duhh.

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes nizoral Is very important Like a placebo for your mind, Complete wastes of money, Im gonna Attack Nizoral company them selves, Tired of hearing about Stupid Crap. To supplement the shampoo, Try Standing upside down on your head on wet concrete., But seriously, A shampoo to help with your itch due to dryness? Any shampoo in grocery store that Says For dry or itchy scalp LMAO Duhh.
What are you even talking about? The company/manufacturer behind nizoral makes no claims about their product being for hairloss. It's an anti-dandruff treatment and that is exactly what's written on the label, nothing more.

nikemata

Reaction score

Johnhsons & Johnsons manufactures Nizoral. Shampoos that has aloe vera can be a good therapy as well.

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
you can also use an all natural shampoo that I've started using which I believe, has helped me see improvement from finasteride. do a search on benedict palmeri and see the youtube video which explains his success

Everest

Reaction score
I've been using revivogen shampoo along with nizoral. Is there any need for me to use nizoral if I dont have inflamation? I don't use minoxidil either.

MPBfighter

Reaction score
I only use Nizoral too. Can I ask how long it took to see results? I'm 21 and my hair has been shedding more than usual the last 2 months. I use it 2 times a week.....maybe I should change to 3 times a week?

i actually haven't seen much results yet..

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
In the one long term study they did best results were seen from months 6-15:

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/03/2-nizoral-shampoo-increases-hair-growth.html

- - - Updated - - -

I've been using revivogen shampoo along with nizoral. Is there any need for me to use nizoral if I dont have inflamation? I don't use minoxidil either.

If you looked at the study I just linked they say "In the first experiment, 39 men between 21 and 33 years with androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) on the crown of the head. The duration of hair loss ranged from 2 to 6 years. However, none of them reported having had dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis in the last six months, which means that they probably just had good old male pattern baldness."

resu

Reaction score
Was wondering if using the 1% would be enough? With 2% there's reports of it inflaming the scalp if used too frequently and it's a different formula from the 1%. I do have dandruff and occasional bursts of sebo dermatitis that flake my scalp all over, it's not a good look. I don't really care about keto's potential capacity in fighting male pattern baldness, more interested in what it was made for.

Steven85

Reaction score
Anyone using Revita?

As I wrote in another thread:

I have used revita the last coupe of weeks, but I'm not sure what to think of it. It supposedly contains 1% keto (although thats impossible to get confirmed), and is recommended to be used at least 5x a week. I seem to be getting scalp acne from it though, and I dont know how much those extra ingredients really contribute to help stop hair loss. It could also be that alternating it with 2% nizoral (once a week) is to much keto for your scalp.

I will finish the bottle and see if the scalp acne subsides, but at this point I dont think I will be buying a new bottle. Before I have just used a cheap supermarket "hair strengthening shampoo" containing arginin. I might go back to using that. All in all I dont really think it matters that much what shampoo you use on your off days (as long as its not a keto shampoo), as keto is the only proven shampoo-ingredient to help stop hair loss. But I'd be happy to hear other opinions on that.

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
when washing, should you scrub hard (some pressue to scalp for a good clean), or very soft with respect to problem areas like hairline where hairs are miniturized ?

Meleyl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apologize for bump this old thread, but I would like to share my experience in this matter, since when I was looking for good advice on this topic for myself.My hair used to be super dry and brittle, and now it's very soft and moisturized and healthy, and the most important thing is using a Clarifying shampoo (I prefer the one by Paul Mitchel) about once a week to remove product build up, chlorine and other impurities that dry out the hair.

I started shampooing my scalp only (except for the time when I use the clarifying shampoo), and conditioning the rest of my hair. I LOVE the Live Clean Unscented moisturizer or Argan Oil Conditioner, those conditioners are completely natural and healthy, and they are super creamy and moisturizing. Plus they are really cheap. I leave the conditioner in for a few minutes, and then rinse.
The second most important step is applying about 2 palm fulls of avocado oil into my hair when it is wet or damp (I have long hair so only use as much as it takes to saturate your hair, but not make it too oily). The oil will absorb into the hair as it dries. It does not work when the hair is dry, only when the hair is wet or damp. I've tried all other oils, but avocodo oil is the one that makes my hair the most soft and moisturized out of all of them, plus I like using it for cooking, so I always have a huge bottle of it around
.I like watching a video on YouTube on such topics, I'll leave you one of them here, I hope it will useful to someone