best shampoo to help with scalp irr. from Min

jmont6

Reaction score
I was wondering what shampoo anybody out there using 5% minoxidil. would reccommend to cut down on the scalp irritation. I have heard Nizoral but reading the product it says to use once a week would this actually help or would I need to use more often. I am experinence dandruff and itching from the Minoxidil.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Definately get nizoral and use it 2-3 times a week. It will help. On off days people may recommend T/gel if you are still having issues. Personally I use nizoral every 2-3 days and American Crew stuff on the off days and it is fine.

makman

Reaction score
get dr. lee's no ppg minoxidil.......for over a year i had to go on and off with regular minoxidil it was painful red scalp all over etc.... this stuff is super duper no pain no itching no redness and it works like a charm.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nizoral 2% is defiantly the most effective shampoo for combating scalp irritation/dandruff because basically it's the only shampoo on the market that has 2% keto. Yes you don't need to use it as much as other shampoos - it's very powerful hence you only need to use it once a week. My advice is to follow the instructions on the bottle eg use it 2 or 3 times a week for the first couple of weeks and then once a week once the dandruff/irritation has cleared up.
I've also tried Regenpure DR and in some ways it's better (doesn't dry your hair as much, no sulphates, can use it daily) but purely in terms of combatting irritation you need the 2%.