Best non-dairy supplement to avoid hair loss : Vegan Blend vs Pea vs Soy vs Brown Rice vs Hemp ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey ! i want to incorporate one shake of proteins after my morning workout. (only once a day max.. my protein intake would still be 90 % via real foods)

I cant tolerate whey protein.. dairy product has ALWAYS gave me acne and bad skin. I really avoid dairy as much as possible. with male pattern baldness (that i am ok with) but i still dont want to ''accelerate'' it haha,
so i want a protein supplement as natural as possible ( i want to avoid creatine, dairy, testo boosters, etc in the ingredients)

Theres also blend vs isolate. i dont mind blend..its cheaper and more caloric : i want to gain muscle but some fat also im too skinny haha
but theres like 4-5 different types of /dairy free protein.

Vegan Blend vs Pea vs Soy vs Brown Rice vs Hemp = vegan blend the cheapest and hemp the most expensive (hemp probably too expensive for me)
Do any of you guys have experience with those products ? what was the best fit for you ? thanks !!

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get whatever is cheaper because none of this is going to do anything for/to your hair.
Also, you don't need these, just make sure you eat +500 calories of your TDEE (use a TDEE calculator)

As always, the natural way to preserve your hair is some naturally synthesized finasteride.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get whatever is cheaper because none of this is going to do anything for/to your hair.
Also, you don't need these, just make sure you eat +500 calories of your TDEE (use a TDEE calculator)

As always, the natural way to preserve your hair is some naturally synthesized finasteride.

how is finasteride ''natural'' ? it is a pharmacetical medicament

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that it actually is good for hair or is it rather likely to crowd out estradiol?
I think that it is minimally good. Apparently it is a weak type of estrogen and signals ER-b and not ER-a. But again, very weak. Since E2 activates both, it will overpower it. In terms of a protein choice it will probably be less harmful to hair - but that doesn't say much because I don't believe any have a significant effect on hair anyways. In fact, one could argue that the animal estrogen in whey is better for hair than equol in soy. However whey is more inflammatory. So at the end of the day I don't think the effect will be very visible.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that it is minimally good. Apparently it is a weak type of estrogen and signals ER-b and not ER-a. But again, very weak. Since E2 activates both, it will overpower it. In terms of a protein choice it will probably be less harmful to hair - but that doesn't say much because I don't believe any have a significant effect on hair anyways. In fact, one could argue that the animal estrogen in whey is better for hair than equol in soy. However whey is more inflammatory. So at the end of the day I don't think the effect will be very visible.

i dont think pe protein would be harmful for hair also

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies here! I was worried about it too... We take good care of our cats, we love them so much, and we often get some great supplements and meds for them from Pet Pharmacy and other trusted and good suppliers. It is great that I can use it safely...

Last edited:

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The vegan blend is probably the best in terms of taste/texture, but pea or soy are good if you mix them with fruit, cocoa powder, etc.

Pea and soy don’t have much of a taste (which is good) while brown rice and hemp are usually gritty and have a noticeable earthy taste.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The vegan blend is probably the best in terms of taste/texture, but pea or soy are good if you mix them with fruit, cocoa powder, etc.

Pea and soy don’t have much of a taste (which is good) while brown rice and hemp are usually gritty and have a noticeable earthy taste.

yeah i dont mind the taste ! i just dont wannt dairy product or any shitty booster that could be bad for the scalp or skin haha

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
In general you need to diversify your vegan protein intake as amino acids profile is different.

I blend Pea protein + brown rice isolate now and eat 14oz Tofu everyday.
Would be adding soy isolate too as its cheaper.

Last edited: