Best Minoxidil Solution

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to edit this.

Spectral DNC didn't work out for me but there are plenty of reviews out there that say it worked for them. While I don't know any personal success stories of someone just using Spectral DNC long term and it working, the science behind it could be beneficial for some over regular minoxidil solutions such as Rogaine and Kirkland which I personally consider "old age" products and are weak solutions.

For me, I switched to a more absorbing solution being Perfect Image Solutions/MOPC Labs. Both of them are high Minoxidil solutions. However, I also use the most expensive products with that being CB0301, Bimatoprost, finasteride, and RU58841 which will run you several thousand dollars a year if you use consistently but I'm at the point where I just want to see if I can stop hair loss and regrow so I can make a decision on if I need to do FUE Hair Surgery or if I have hope that a proper regimen can prevent surgery which I should know by the end of this year.

Jacob

Reaction score
I thought that Polaris 09 looked good..with TB4 etc. If I were a minoxidil user :)

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Never used nano minoxidil but i have used xandrox and spectral dnc which i consider to be far less harsh than regular minoxidil and a little better.

Lbaker

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Never used nano minoxidil but i have used xandrox and spectral dnc which i consider to be far less harsh than regular minoxidil and a little better.

Is spectral nano minoxidil? and what makes it better over standard?

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
What would you guys recommend as the best Minoxidil Solution?

I am currently using Spectral DNC and would like to find a second one to go with DNC per day (1 Spectral DNC and another one).

Currently, the two best ones I have seen seem to be

Nanominox-MS
Xandrox

I am not sure if there are any others better than those two. If there are, what are they? If not, what ones of those would you recommend above?

My last bottle of Xandrox-5 without propylene glycol is almost over. Need urgently find an alternative. Anybody used Minoxidilmax Dualgen-5? This is the only one that I found close to Xandrox-5 without PG. Any other suggestion?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I thought that Polaris 09 looked good..with TB4 etc. If I were a minoxidil user :)

Polaris is actually out? I didn't know that. I'll look into that later.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
smitysmity said:
What would you guys recommend as the best Minoxidil Solution?

I am currently using Spectral DNC and would like to find a second one to go with DNC per day (1 Spectral DNC and another one).

Currently, the two best ones I have seen seem to be

Nanominox-MS
Xandrox

I am not sure if there are any others better than those two. If there are, what are they? If not, what ones of those would you recommend above?

My last bottle of Xandrox-5 without propylene glycol is almost over. Need urgently find an alternative. Anybody used Minoxidilmax Dualgen-5? This is the only one that I found close to Xandrox-5 without PG. Any other suggestion?

I should re-edit that because times have changed and I put more research into it.

Minoxidilmax is a shady company. I wouldn't buy from them.

MOPC-Labs and Perfect Image Solutions are probably the two most quality high Minoxidil products you can buy. MOPC is also very open about their product so you know what you're buying is the actual solution and they aren't intentionally trying to hide things like Minoxidilmax.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidilmax said:
Will investigate this. Want to check with moderators here about what I can say first. Just feel so odd all the IDs who are bashing our products are newly registered ID and adorse other brands without any evidence. Will come back with more information on this.

A). I am not newly registered
B). I've recommended many companies, not just one so don't propose I am working for these companies when it's clear I'm not.
C). I never said Minoxidilmax didn't work, I said you guys were shady on your responses whereas MOPC was very open about their product.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
smity, it's probably not helpful to make such sweeping statements as 'shady about their product'. I remember reading the thread where you explained your emails to minoxidilmax and other members suggested they may have had perfectly good legal reasons to not make claims about the efficacy of their products.

Since we only have 2-3 options for high % minoxidil, it's best to stick to the facts and let people make up their own minds.

Personally I don't give a crap how any of the companies respond to emails as long as their products work. My main problem at the moment is that we don't know that any of them work as well as a trusted 5% brand, yet alone better than 5%. We don't know that they're properly compounded so the percentage they claim is even accurate.

If we start seeing results in success stories threads etc from one of these products then I may start to consider them.

minoxidilmax, unfortunately I believe you're not allowed to post here since this is a consumer forum. Keep making minoxidil tho lulz, and you should update your FAQ on azelaic acid as it's total bull to say minoxidil+azelaic acid lower DHT. <3

Shift

Established Member
Reaction score
Just want to say that I'm satisfied with minoxidilmax product Dualgen 10%+AA and 15%+AA so far. Never emailed them but I have got fast delivery, seem profesional product. Consider trying their fast drying 5% for the morning applications. That's all.
Used Kirkland before.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
smity, it's probably not helpful to make such sweeping statements as 'shady about their product'. I remember reading the thread where you explained your emails to minoxidilmax and other members suggested they may have had perfectly good legal reasons to not make claims about the efficacy of their products.

minoxidilmax, unfortunately I believe you're not allowed to post here since this is a consumer forum. Keep making minoxidil tho lulz, and you should update your FAQ on azelaic acid as it's total bull to say minoxidil+azelaic acid lower DHT. <3

Proving my point.

Dr Proctor says the same thing and dodges answers. I still use Proctors product because it has good reviews but it's shady.

JWM

Reaction score
Just feel so odd all the IDs who are bashing our products are newly registered ID and adorse other brands without any evidence.

Adorse?

What country are these guys from?

Jacob

Reaction score
Smity..are you talking about those good reviews from years ago? :dunno:

And yeah..the Polaris 09 product is out..just only available overseas at the moment..it seems. Overseas if you're in North America..

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Smity..are you talking about those good reviews from years ago? :dunno:

And yeah..the Polaris 09 product is out..just only available overseas at the moment..it seems. Overseas if you're in North America..

How come nobody has said anything good about it?

Jacob

Reaction score
It just came out..far as I can tell. That's why it's only available overseas at the moment.

Actually..I just looked..this might be another reason: "and prescription-only NR-08, and NR-09"

http://polarisresearchlab.com/?page_id=13

Says it here too...and it even still says "available soon". Then they have a minoxidil shampoo coming out: http://polarisresearchlab.com/?page_id=147

And here...where the ingreds are mentioned..as well as- not available in the USA: http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-09.php

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yeah Polaris does look interesting.. expensive though isn't it really?

IMO I think better results can be achieved from just using normal minoxidil (perhaps in nano form, I dunno about that) in combination with something like ketoconazole, miconazole or Folligen. I would guess that Spectral.UHP plus Folligen or miconazole results in a more powerful treatment than Spectral.DNC, for example, but I might be wrong :)

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
It just came out..far as I can tell. That's why it's only available overseas at the moment.

Actually..I just looked..this might be another reason: "and prescription-only NR-08, and NR-09"

http://polarisresearchlab.com/?page_id=13

Says it here too...and it even still says "available soon". Then they have a minoxidil shampoo coming out: http://polarisresearchlab.com/?page_id=147

And here...where the ingreds are mentioned..as well as- not available in the USA: http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/nr-09.php

Shampoo is what I was interested in. All these other items can be bought separately without actually needing to buy from Polaris a combined one which may or may not work as good.

Pretty interesting stuff though. Good find.

Jacob

Reaction score
Except for the TB4(well..you could obtain some I guess..wonder how they found a way to make it stable)...and the nano-encapsulation..which they call Liposphere tech. At least I wouldn't suggest messing around with trying to do that yourself :)

I'm not the type to mess around trying to make my own topicals...when one can get it ready-made...stability issues hopefully taken care of...hopefully scalp/cosmetically friendly/appealing...etc. So that's where I'm coming from..

I noticed theirs are low in PG as well.

On the shampoo...Lipoxidil used to have one out. Got some good reviews. Then they disappeared.