Best Liquid Adhesive Remover/soak For Removing White Glue

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering Ghostbond's ghostbuster product as I have an excellent bond at this time & don't feel like doing a cumbersome cleanup w/ cotton balls when it's all done.

I've never used one of these products. Is it, in fact, any better than high-proof isopropyl?

I heard this is just a straight-up oily product...

Any personal experiences w/ the product or similar ones?

EDIT: I do have C22, unused here...I know a lot of people use it on their skin to remove adhesive, but it seems to be used on lace pieces?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, removing glue from lace, cotton-balls (cotton-wool) IS the best way to do it.

I didn't find Ghostbuster to be any better than either alcohol or C-22.

Alcohol is great for breaking the bond between glue/tape and your scalp... and for removing tape from lace or UTS/STS. C-22 is great for deep cleaning glue out of lace.

There is no fast, soak it and leave it easy solution.

I don't like to use C-22 on human skin, since it is a petroleum-based product, and use hair conditioner, instead.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm, how about an alcohol soak for the lace base?

I guess I'll do the stupid cotton-wool method when the time comes... :/

I definitely don't like the idea of using C22 as it's disgusting.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

I never "soak" lace for more than 15 mins, and that is to loosen tape. Any more you are risking drying the hair.

I only dampen the areas with the tape, not the entire system, if there is glue that doesn't come off with cotton-wool, I do a C-22 soak for 12 hours.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alcohol soak is popular.

My advice:

Spray a flat dinner plate with c22.

Gently lay the system over plate.

Wrap up the plate and system with plastic wrap like dinner left overs.

Avoid getting hair in c22.

Enjoy

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Maybe Autoglym intensive tar remover is a little bit better than the rest, but it's so toxic. Ghostbuster's price definitely doesn't justify its minimal superiority, if there even is any. It definitely is a little different as it somehow bloated up my plastic box, but I'm not 100% certain that it's more effective.

Why are they so bad to the hair? I've never managed to keep the hair out totally.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
C22 is best to avoid, I think.

It's just a f*****g mess! I really wonder, by the way, how it differs from another oily concoction - IE, vaseline mixed w/ baby oil.

I've used it on my scalp to clean White Glue residue off of it, and it didn't impress me. It was just disgusting.

I took the piece off after 5 days as the hairline was lifting & I was done wearing it.

I really prefer Got2B :)

PS, after 5 days, 2 layers left virtually no residue on the hairpiece itself: only small, small amounts. Won't be a chore to remove :)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best way that I found to avoid the emulsification of C-22 (just did it not 5 minutes ago), wash the unit in cold, running water, lots. Once the system went into the shampoo soak... no sludge.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best way that I found to avoid the emulsification of C-22 (just did it not 5 minutes ago), wash the unit in cold, running water, lots. Once the system went into the shampoo soak... no sludge.

Exactly. Which is what everyone should be doing. Not sure why this is not known by everyone.

Soak Unit c22 , Cotton Ball/Remove Glue/Tape, Wash Hair in Warm Water, Deep condition.

Tada!

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is your dish soap with the c22 removal?isn't it required?

Also I always wondered how salons do the clean up so quickly.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shampoo is the same thing as soap. Just different chemcials but same effect.

Use a shampoo for colored hair and it will wash out the c22. No need for dish soap.

deep conditioner after that.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shampoo is the same thing as soap. Just different chemcials but same effect.

Use a shampoo for colored hair and it will wash out the c22. No need for dish soap.

deep conditioner after that.

No Braf, you are incorrect. Many dish soaps contain anti-grease agents that soap and shampoo do NOT have. Dawn/fairy Liquid is often recommended because they are know of these properties. The agent bonds with helps remove the grease.

They use this stuff to clean up birds caught in oil spills.

I only use it if the cold water method i mentioned above, does not work, first.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What do you mean by emulsification and why avoid it?
You mean you don't wipe with cotton or brush the glue residue off with something, but you use water pressure for it? I used to do it too. Don't remember why I decided to still wipe first with something. Just using water pressure would help a lot with inhaling less of this toxic solvent fume. I think Hairdirect or some other hair system seller site also teaches you to work in the dish washing liquid first and then use water as it is the foam that actually washes stuff off. If you wash off the solvent, get rid of it before using dish washing liquid and there still is glue left on the base, then you would dry that adhesive from the solvent and it would be in the original state that it was before the soak again. Someone taught that the adhesive has to be dissolved first before you can remove it, that with just water before you may wash off the solvent only, but the adhesive will stay and again turn solid then.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldBearded: Could you elaborate on your process? It sounds like a cold water rinse? I don't see how that's remove that disgusting sh*t.

Well, it's quite simple... take the system and rinse the hair under cold water... when you see that the glue and C-22 has rinsed out, you are done. If the hair or base still feel greasy or shiny with the C-22... you may want to then try some Dawn or Fairy liquid to get the rest out.

You will actually need to use your judgement.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
If C-22 is as easy as rinsing cold water, why not use it over other products? It's very effective as an adhesive remover - but an absolute mess & pain to deal w/.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If C-22 is as easy as rinsing cold water, why not use it over other products? It's very effective as an adhesive remover - but an absolute mess & pain to deal w/.

Because... if you can get away with using the other methods... they are quicker, and easier.

For example, removing tape from lace. I spray the tapes with 99% alcohol and let it soak in a sealed container for 15 minutes. This is usually sufficient and the tape peels off, no residue. If there is some residue, next is cotton wool. If some glue in the hair I first try alcohol to loosen it up, and carefully pick it out.

I only use C-22 for deep cleaning... I notice on my own system that I can get a dirty hairline (from some glue that may seep out of the tape, and pick up dirt), that only seems to come out if I use C-22. I wind up doing it every month. But this is a 12-hour soak in C-22.

When I have a client sitting in a chair,... I can't tell him to come back tomorrow morning... and go home with no hair, so I employ the other methods to get the system as clean as possible. The clients that come to me for service usually come every week or two... so no major glue problems.