Best Leave In Conditioner With Sunscreen? (spf 30)

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good leave in conditioner with sunscreen (spf 30)? The product I've been using claims it has UV protection but doesn't mention the exact spf.

Thank you

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. I’ve used Pro Hair Labs and Back2Natural. Both claim UV protection but neither have SPF rating. I got a lot of fading with the Pro Hair Labs. So far B2N seems to be helping keep the color.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me this is the real issue in hair system lifespan. The colour seems to fade before anything else goes wrong.

A mix of shampooing, cleaning in general and sunlight.

How well do those back2natural conditioners work? For prevention of colour fade?

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me this is the real issue in hair system lifespan. The colour seems to fade before anything else goes wrong.

A mix of shampooing, cleaning in general and sunlight.

How well do those back2natural conditioners work? For prevention of colour fade?

Colour fading used to frustrate me but started using back2natural about a year ago and think the product is brilliant. I use it every 4-6weeks and it keeps the system colour looking good. I kinda accept that colour fading now but at least I can do something about it quickly and easily.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really just have to try different products and see what works for you. Hair Direct has several sprays that offer UV protection and help maintain colour for around $10, for example:

https://www.hairdirect.com/ionixmaintaincolorleaveinconditionerspray8ounces

Failing that, if you Google 'UV protection spray for hair with spf', lots of lists of products come up which you can research yourself. I see that you can buy UV protection sprays that have up to spf50, which should be more than fine for maintaining the colour. You don't necessarily need to buy sprays that are designed for hair systems, you can use products that are designed for hair in general if you get the right ones. For example:

https://www.elle.com/beauty/news/g30046/sun-heat-protection-hair-products/

I need to experiment with different UV protection sprays myself. It hasn't been too bad for me as I live in the UK, and even with exposure to nice sunny weather my system still actually looks fine. But a good UV protector is always going to help a system look its best for longer.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Colour fading used to frustrate me but started using back2natural about a year ago and think the product is brilliant. I use it every 4-6weeks and it keeps the system colour looking good. I kinda accept that colour fading now but at least I can do something about it quickly and easily.

I've heard about back2natural, and I'd like to ask you how do you find the correct colour to match your system, and what if you don't quite get the right colour? Does it still work? It says it's 'dye free', so I wonder how it actually works. I've seen it for sale on the Hair Direct website and I'd be interested in trying it, but I'm slightly apprehensive in case I get the wrong colour match and it ruins my system. Does it really restore the exact colour of your system before it faded? Thanks.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wondered about the no dye thing. My salon said the thing they use is similar but basically deposits I think it's green to it, which is to counter act that notorious red hue.

As I work from home anyways I'm personally going to stick a UV film onto my office windows. I'm also in the UK so I'd be interested in hearing what products you use and where you get them from hair2019 (might be different thread or just a pm though)

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys will try out some of those products.
Same here. I’ve used Pro Hair Labs and Back2Natural. Both claim UV protection but neither have SPF rating. I got a lot of fading with the Pro Hair Labs. So far B2N seems to be helping keep the color.

Interesting...I didn't know back2natural did a leave in conditioner aswell!

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys will try out some of those products.

Interesting...I didn't know back2natural did a leave in conditioner aswell!
The BNB Leave in Conditioner does not have any color additive like the regular conditioner they have. I’ve noticed less fading so far with this leave in conditioner than I did with Pro Hair Labs. It’s around $25 for 8 oz bottle on HairDirect.

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard about back2natural, and I'd like to ask you how do you find the correct colour to match your system, and what if you don't quite get the right colour? Does it still work? It says it's 'dye free', so I wonder how it actually works. I've seen it for sale on the Hair Direct website and I'd be interested in trying it, but I'm slightly apprehensive in case I get the wrong colour match and it ruins my system. Does it really restore the exact colour of your system before it faded? Thanks.
colour wise for me it's a perfect match, I leave it in for 10mins before rinsing it, the longer you leave it the darker it gets, at first it was trial and error but not difficult to do. overtime it just fades out through normal exposure, washing etc. I asked the guy who orders my systems in regards to the colour match and which one to buy.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
colour wise for me it's a perfect match, I leave it in for 10mins before rinsing it, the longer you leave it the darker it gets, at first it was trial and error but not difficult to do. overtime it just fades out through normal exposure, washing etc. I asked the guy who orders my systems in regards to the colour match and which one to buy.

How long do you normally get from back2natural on average? I get about 2 weeks give or take or less with the sun and then it fades out again.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The BNB Leave in Conditioner does not have any color additive like the regular conditioner they have. I’ve noticed less fading so far with this leave in conditioner than I did with Pro Hair Labs. It’s around $25 for 8 oz bottle on HairDirect.

I will check this out! I was looking at one I think was called "enhance" which has sunscreen

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wondered about the no dye thing. My salon said the thing they use is similar but basically deposits I think it's green to it, which is to counter act that notorious red hue.

As I work from home anyways I'm personally going to stick a UV film onto my office windows. I'm also in the UK so I'd be interested in hearing what products you use and where you get them from hair2019 (might be different thread or just a pm though)

I've recently been using a leave in argon oil conditioner spray from Hask which I bought from Boots, however I'm going to try something with UV protection. I think the Back2Natural leave in conditioner spray sounds like one of the best for hair systems, so going to buy some soon from Hair Direct.

As for which shade of Back2Natural conditioner to use to restore colour, a good idea might be to try it out on an old system (or your current one just before you replace it) - that way, if you get the colour wrong it's no big deal. Once you know which colour works best, you can safely use it on your new systems without worrying.

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you normally get from back2natural on average? I get about 2 weeks give or take or less with the sun and then it fades out again.
Maybe 3-5 weeks depending on sun exposure during that period.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I've recently been using a leave in argon oil conditioner spray from Hask which I bought from Boots, however I'm going to try something with UV protection. I think the Back2Natural leave in conditioner spray sounds like one of the best for hair systems, so going to buy some soon from Hair Direct.

As for which shade of Back2Natural conditioner to use to restore colour, a good idea might be to try it out on an old system (or your current one just before you replace it) - that way, if you get the colour wrong it's no big deal. Once you know which colour works best, you can safely use it on your new systems without worrying.
Why Back2natural spray sounds the best?

Thanks!

BJM

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is good going! And that's with a uv leave in conditioner for daily use?
Yep I use back2natural leave in conditioner as well. In fairness my system isn't exposed to a massive amount of UV. I'm in an office for the majority of most working days and if it's particularly hot I tend to wear a hat.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep I use back2natural leave in conditioner as well. In fairness my system isn't exposed to a massive amount of UV. I'm in an office for the majority of most working days and if it's particularly hot I tend to wear a hat.

Fair play...I need to buy some of this b2n leave in! When it's sunny I use osmo thermal defense but im not convinced it does anything! So b2n leave in sounds great. I normally use Hask / palmers coconut oil when it's not summer which both do a great job.

Reactions: BJM