Best hairstyle for diffuse thinners

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair has gotten pretty long and isn't looking too good. I normally hear people reccomend a short haircut but I wonder if thats the best idea for diffuse thinners. Anyone got a reccomendation? Shaving my head isn't really an option for me at the moment.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
bout 1 inch long with a heavy dosage of dermmatch and toppik

looks like ur not balding

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i shave my head with the clippers, a 0, honestly it looks real real good i think

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I am only 21, I am not that comfortable with using a concealer.

Is 0 guard completely shaven off, as in, no visible hair or is it that really short buzzed look?

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
0 is pretty damn short. Just take a set of clippers and go with the highest attachment and work your way down until you find a length that works for you. I did a 0 once and it looked like crap for about two months, then it seemed to be the right length.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner and tried a number one (2 to 3mm long) just under a month ago. It didn't look bad and you probably wouldn't have noticed that I am balding. I'm not 100% happy with the shape of my head so I'm now growing it a bit longer. It is now around 10mm and looks okay.

I would advise you to cut it short as diffuse thinning doesn't look good with long hair. Maybe you could try it around an inch long at first to get used to it shorter and then maybe go for a number one just to see what your head looks like. You can always grow it back. Sea Kelp tablets might help it grow back faster (read this review: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/health-products ... ts/414362/ ). I have just started taking them as part of my regimen.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
diffuse thinner here. I have long hair - down to my shoulders.

its ok - i use hair clips (girly i know) to keep hair in place, & make sure i don't show any scalp. its pretty much ok. if i don't use the clips, its ok, but a bit risky. after i step out of the shower, the thinning on top is very visible, and a fair contrast to the sides.

also if i wear a hat for a few hours and then take it off then my hair is pressed down on top, & you can see that i'm thinning.

hope that helps.