Best Hair System Type Lace Or Skin -uk

Mark1974

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Izzy and Henry,

I am debating on exactly the same thing. I am unsure which is the least detectable... and natural looking. Have you made your decision yet Henry?
I have eventually arranged a consultation with one of the Total Cover Plus salon partners in Manchester. They use only Active Skin systems and although they look and feel FANTASTIC the most wear you could take out of one is 7-8 weeks. Now it may seem long, and system ITSELF may seem affordable, but the salon prices on top of that are just a killer charging another £300 on top of the system to install it. So now the cost goes up to £620 every 7-8 weeks (only for the system itself and installing). Of course on top of that you have your maintenance kit, regular maintenance visits and god forbid something goes wrong and you have to revisit the salon... I have made a the total calculations and if you wish to go with Total Cover Plus in Manchester (prices may vary in different cities) you are looking at £420 FIXED cost per month (at least) + your variables (which are unavoidable) And this is only for the Standard System! If the salon was to colour it to match better your own colour or you have the "bespoke" system installed of course the cost is even higher (by approximately 25%). If you can afford it, great! :) But to me this is not something I am willing to pay much more than mortgage! I have narrowed down few different companies and arranged some more consultations. But if you have tested some already and have the "hands on" experience please share! :)

Many thanks,

G
Goldielocks, thanks for letting me know how much it cost! I was considering them too. But at £5k a year, I'd rather wear a bin bag on my head...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldielocks, thanks for letting me know how much it cost! I was considering them too. But at £5k a year, I'd rather wear a bin bag on my head...

You most certainly DON'T have to spend £5k a year to have hair!!! That's crazy. Three decent systems plus supplies should not cost you more than £1.5k, and you can probably do it for less, once you get the hang of it!

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Optima looks good but unfortunately too far for me (I'm near Windsor), especially if I need to go for refits etc.

@yurguardianangel are you happy with your system now? Any chance you can post pics? Do you maintain it yourself at home?

Not that happy, colour match is off.
Was very happy when the salon puts it on and my side/back hair was buzzed down.
Now it's grown out, the colour match is obvious as it's so off, it looks fake.

And first time today I tried to apply the tape myself and messed up getting tons of the system hair stuck to the tape.

Will get the salon to do it in the future min per 2 weeks or I'm giving up on it.

Still need to try out ghost bond platinium.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that happy, colour match is off.
Was very happy when the salon puts it on and my side/back hair was buzzed down.
Now it's grown out, the colour match is obvious as it's so off, it looks fake.

And first time today I tried to apply the tape myself and messed up getting tons of the system hair stuck to the tape.

Will get the salon to do it in the future min per 2 weeks or I'm giving up on it.

Still need to try out ghost bond platinium.

1.Just shave the sides by yourself. -> problem solved.
2. Just watch (yt) tutorials on how attaching a system with stripes. -> problem solved.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TCP's systems aren't the best and their range is very limited - I would agree with that. I had a TCP system fitted a few months ago and I hated it, completely. But over time I have come to appreciate it, especially after having had it cut and thinned out, and after I took some scissors to the hairline to re-shape it to suit me.

The cost of the system was £500 fitted. I would say it lasts around 4 months if you take care of it.
but the strength of the business is in their supply chain and retail stores. By that I mean that you can order a stock system and have it fitted in 7 days at the hairdressers. And their system is easy to self-maintain because it's a thin skin base bonded with glue.

I have found it to be my detriment when ordering online from independent suppliers. The quality is good but I cannot find a stylist to cut and fit the system, not unless I am willing to pay extortionate prices at somewhere like Frankie & Cochrane, miles away in London.

I'm OK with (and prefer) self-maintenance, but you will find it very hard to find a stylist to do the initial cut and fit, when you buy the system online.

Total Cover Plus are absolete SHITE.... I looked a laugh with this clearly wiggy hair system on.
Pic attached, this trash went in the bin after 4 days, terrible quality, terrible salon cut in too.

Attachments

• 19CA0330-97C0-4B2C-B57C-FFA55E05093B.png
    19CA0330-97C0-4B2C-B57C-FFA55E05093B.png
    854.8 KB · Views: 335

Wishful

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using the same supplier for a few years now. Its perfect if you can DIY.
Hi grincher,
I’m looking for a system and would really appreciate it if you could give me any details about your supplier and also how easy or difficult it is to do. I a woman and wear a wig at the moment but my daughter has just trained as a hairdresser and is more than willing to try to fit a system for me. Id be really grateful for any advice you can give me. Thanks