Best Doctor for FUE density?

BenVegas

Reaction score
HI guys -

I looking to do around 2000 grafts - and looking for maximum density around the crown and mid scalp. My hairline is OK for now.

Which Doctor would you guys recommend? I am considering Umar, Feller and Shapiro at the moment.

I am around a Norwood 3 and holding ground pretty well last couple of years.

Cheers :)

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maximum density may not be a good idea on the crown as you will use up a lot of your available donor and not have enough left for future procedures.

You should aim for adequate coverage.

BenVegas

Reaction score
Thanks Global -

Good point - i may need to use more around the mid scalp etc. However my question is on a slightly different point -

I have around 2000 grafts to use in the first session. I'd like to cover the mid scalp and crown. As i understand it, i can have another FUE or strip down the track as my donor area is good.

My question is which doctor - can use those 2000 or so grafts to acheive the most amount of density in this area.

Some hair transplant's have the same amount of grafts yet the result is not as dense or succesful.

Which doctor would you guys go to?

Cheers,

Ben

sc64

Reaction score
Feller and Shapiro looks good as you said above,Dr Rahal is doing fue now and well talked about but I've not seen any of his results just yet.Dr.Lindsey has worked under Feller and I've read some good things about him lately and spex a well known poster on the forums is now a rep for Lindsey and has rep for feller for years.

Dr.Cole does mostly just fue so you could look into him also.

I have seen really good bht work and fue from Dr.Umar looking at pics,I would say you have some good doctors already picked out.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
How old are you? If you are in your 20s or 30s, the crown is the last place to place grafts and should be avoided.

sc64

Reaction score
Ben V,I see you're not on any meds from your regimen,Have you thought about adding finasteride or minoxidil for about 6 to 12 months to see if you could stabilize or even regrow some hair in the crown.

A doctor would probably recommend this before a hair transplant to see how well the thin areas will respond and after to help keep the hair around the transplant.Taking meds is always the patients call but without meds the hair will more then likely fall out around the hair transplant putting you back in the chair sooner then later.

BenVegas

Reaction score
HI Guys thanks for the feedback.

From what i can tell Shapiro is def up there with the best. All those mentioned seem like they are at the top of their field.

I am in early 30's.

Yep i understand that it makes good sense to use meds to ensure the long term viability of the hair transplant. I for one - just don't like the possible sides, and the chemical nature of them.

I have had success in halting the majority of my hairloss recently - so i am not majorly concerned about further hairloss. I am not sure exactly what has caused this - however i am on many supplements and have changed my eating habits and lifestyle.

Overall, if i can get 10 years more of having a good head of hear, then have to shave it off - thats ok with me. I'd rather do that than take the meds, even if it means i have to go back for another FUE in a few years time. Also in 10 years time - who knows what other treatments will be available.

Cheers again :)

Reaction score
I just had 2374 FUE all in the frontal third with Dr. Cole.

He, and his staff, are amazing.

I am hoping for a great result, and by the looks of things, its very possible.

The procedure lasted 10 hours. The constant anesthesia was horrible.

PW

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
what is/was your situation patienlywaiting, (age/hairloss/family history/etc)

Reaction score
I'm 30. Norwood 3. Every man in my family has some degree of hairloss.

And, I wanted to do something about mine. Been on Propecia 6 years. No side effects. Maintained the top and back well. Front looked a damn mess.

Hoping this works. Will keep you posted.