Best daily attachment for poly skin

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a daily use glue to attach polyskin would be most appreciated.

J9907

Reaction score
Would like to bump this question as I am also looking to find this out. I have heard Got2B hair gel can work as a daily attachment?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some tapes around which says 1-7 days hold time.
In fact this is true because the tapes have a very weak holding

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would like to bump this question as I am also looking to find this out. I have heard Got2B hair gel can work as a daily attachment?
Some folks on here "claimed" to use it. I tried it once... the edges came up in a matter of hours.

Hair systems are not made for daily wear. And the daily removing and re-attaching will cause a lot of wear and tear on the base, and you will get less life out of the system. Especially for poly!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried G2B on my UTS a couple of years ago. Wouldn't recommend it.

You certainly can't have an exposed hairline with it. However, I can say that the hair will stay on your head, so long as no one pulls at it.

J9907

Reaction score
Some folks on here "claimed" to use it. I tried it once... the edges came up in a matter of hours.

Hair systems are not made for daily wear. And the daily removing and re-attaching will cause a lot of wear and tear on the base, and you will get less life out of the system. Especially for poly!
Thanks for your response BaldBearded.

What do you use as your base - a poly or lace? And why?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your response BaldBearded.

What do you use as your base - a poly or lace? And why?
Me, personally?? French lace with thin skin surround.

Why...

1. Lace for breathability, I live in Tel Aviv, and the summers are HOT!!!!

2. Bond. The tape sticks to the skin... and does NOT want to come off.

3. Cleanup. Despite the fact that it's harder to remove the tape from the skin, there is no seeping into the lace as with tape to lace (especially at the back of the system, where I sleep on it).

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score

Poly would not be my first choice as lace with a poly strip at the sides and back is what’s worked for me best for short term attachments (1-3 days).

J9907

Reaction score
Me, personally?? French lace with thin skin surround.

Why...

1. Lace for breathability, I live in Tel Aviv, and the summers are HOT!!!!

2. Bond. The tape sticks to the skin... and does NOT want to come off.

3. Cleanup. Despite the fact that it's harder to remove the tape from the skin, there is no seeping into the lace as with tape to lace (especially at the back of the system, where I sleep on it).
Awesome! So when you say "skin surround" is that all the way round including the front?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 44021231-2c15-42c3-8bb3-13a9f9ef21f0.jpeg
    44021231-2c15-42c3-8bb3-13a9f9ef21f0.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 91

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got2B seems like it's working well on UTS/any poly when first applied but as soon as it starts peeling, it's over. If an edge comes up, and they usually do, the whole thing can easily be removed at that point - while, with lace, an issue at the edge won't affect the bond in general, won't weaken it.

It's extremely effective with lace systems.

I've tried Walker's 5122 daily tape - it sticks to literally nothing. It has less adhesive in it than a Band-Aid.