Best concealer for SWEATING..

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
I've been reading through thread after thread in this section for quite a while now and I think this is finally my solution for thinning hair -- well for the time being. Some posts have touched on the sweating part a little bit but I just wanted some re-assurance.

I love lifting weights and playing basketball, so sweating is gonna be inevitable. I also live in Southern California, where it's been 90+ the past couple of weeks.

From what I've been reading it sounds like Dermmatch is the best option?

Can you really go through strenuous running and exercise and not have any weird colors dripping from your forehead?

I really don't want to find out the hard way, so I'd appreciate any feedback if you've tried Dermmatch, Toppik, Nanogen, or anything similar. Thank you.

vikings1234

Reaction score
yep dermmatch is what I use. I am very active, and very social. I honestly dont even think twice about it now. You have to play with applying it at first and getting used to it. Also if you find it runs it can very well be the water you use. Get a bottle of distilled water just to be sure. You have to get ride of the excess after you apply it and it dries too. But I have never had an issue with it

halpmeplease

Reaction score
I've just started using Dermmatch and Nanogen so I can't give you a great answer. But I've also wondered about sweating. Today it's been about 97, and I have been wondering how much sweat it would take for the fibres to start trickling down my neck or face or something.

But I think for real heavy sweating, Dermmatch is probably best.

You probably thought of this already, but you could try different concealers and then go for a long run or do something alone that gets you sweating really good and look in a mirror and see what happens, just an idea.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Just received my Dermmatch today and tried it for the first time.

First impressions:

-I had a little trouble applying it. I tried to put it on my scalp but it's hard to part my hair (I have diffuse thinning, no bald spots). After I applied it to an area, I combed that section immediately.

-It did a pretty damn good job of covering my scalp. The color didn't match up perfectly (I ordered light brown) but it's definitely close enough.

-I spiked my hair and used gel for the first time in months.

-I played basketball for 2 hours and sweated HEAVILY. And the great news is, no weird colors were dripping from my head. Whew.

halpmeplease

Reaction score
JerryMaguire said:
. And the great news is, no weird colors were dripping from my head. Whew.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!11ONE!11!!!!

Not but seriously, that's good to hear! Not only for you, but so I'll know not to worry if I ever use it and am sweating haha

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
question for you guys using both dermmatch and rogaine.....can you apply rogaine with the dermmatch in your hair?

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
I'm using rogaine and dermmatch... and I will not apply either of them until my head is clean.

I think applying rogaine while the dermmatch is on will impact the effect of the dermmatch, and vice versa.

and thanks @ halpmeplease, I'm definitely pleased with my results so far. I'm actually about to go play some ball right now again, so hopefully I go 2 for 2.