Best cleaning solution for thin skin ?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

now I have my UTS System in front of me. I would like to know how to clean the base best.
I have a) 99% Isopropyl or b) C22 Cleaner.
In past I put the system base in C22 cleaner for 1 day or maybe more and tried to wash out as much as possible. I watched several YT Videos where it was easy as hell to remove the glue - for me it isn´t.
The glue (Silicone) is all over the base.
So how to get the best results ?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried Silicone but I can say C22 works so much better for white glue removal than 99 Iso does, which is a shame, as the Iso would be such an easier, less messy process.

Might want to try Rapid Release?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just roll it off with my fingers or I use a tissue to dab it off.

If you remove the system too early then the glue is super tacky and won't come off easily. I find it best to bond with just 1 or 2 layers of glue, so when it's time to remove, the clean-up is so much easier. I usually remove after 7 - 10 days, by which time the 1 or 2 layers of glue have broken down quite a lot so most of the (now gooey) glue stays on my scalp and is easily scraped off.

When I first started wearing I used to refit too often and too soon, and it just wasn't worth the time/effort.

I do touch up my hairline midweek if needed.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try Walker's 99% Isopropyl Alcohol or KP Pro solvent. I just cannot stand the smell of C22.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just roll it off with my fingers or I use a tissue to dab it off.

If you remove the system too early then the glue is super tacky and won't come off easily. I find it best to bond with just 1 or 2 layers of glue, so when it's time to remove, the clean-up is so much easier. I usually remove after 7 - 10 days, by which time the 1 or 2 layers of glue have broken down quite a lot so most of the (now gooey) glue stays on my scalp and is easily scraped off.

When I first started wearing I used to refit too often and too soon, and it just wasn't worth the time/effort.

I do touch up my hairline midweek if needed.
What glue are you using, what base type & do you do a full head bond, or perimeter?

I'm definitely removing too early. The longest I've had a Ghostbonded piece on my head is like 4 days.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What glue are you using, what base type & do you do a full head bond, or perimeter?

I'm definitely removing too early. The longest I've had a Ghostbonded piece on my head is like 4 days.

Random white bond, like ghost bond on UTS 0.03 and yes a full bond.

4 days isn't anywhere near enough time for the bond to break down. You should be able to get at least 7 to 10 days, with maybe a perimeter touch-up or hairline refresh in between.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I now tried a different method I´ve seen somewhere on YT some time ago.
I put C22 on the base and let it sit for 24 h. Then I put cotton on it and try to slowly put the sh*t off.
Now I have almost 80 % really clean, without stretching the system etc. I put it back to C22 and tomorrow I hope I will get the remaining glue of without stressing the system

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Ok I now tried a different method I´ve seen somewhere on YT some time ago.
I put C22 on the base and let it sit for 24 h. Then I put cotton on it and try to slowly put the sh*t off.
Now I have almost 80 % really clean, without stretching the system etc. I put it back to C22 and tomorrow I hope I will get the remaining glue of without stressing the system
In my opinion you should go with 80% clean and reattach it like that. You can try to pull off more glue when it is dry but don't put more C22 on and repeat the whole process. This is one thing where it might take 1 hour to do a 80% good job but it will take 5-10 hours to do a 100% job. And then you just put glue back on it again... After the first few times that I tried to clean the base completely I realized that 80% clean is more than good enough and saves a lot of time and effort.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion you should go with 80% clean and reattach it like that. You can try to pull off more glue when it is dry but don't put more C22 on and repeat the whole process. This is one thing where it might take 1 hour to do a 80% good job but it will take 5-10 hours to do a 100% job. And then you just put glue back on it again... After the first few times that I tried to clean the base completely I realized that 80% clean is more than good enough and saves a lot of time and effort.
True but I just leave the system in a box , I´m not a daily-wearer

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
Surgical spirit I used when I used to wear thin skin/poly and hybrid hair systems.
It cleaned the tape and glue off easy.

timn420

Reaction score
I've tried 99% and C22. It's still a mystery how the salon can remove my system and come back 10 minutes later, with absolutely no glue residue remaining. How can they clean a system that fast? I may ask the next time to see if they're using some secret sauce.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried 99% and C22. It's still a mystery how the salon can remove my system and come back 10 minutes later, with absolutely no glue residue remaining. How can they clean a system that fast? I may ask the next time to see if they're using some secret sauce.
White bond?

Hair direct had a cleaner specifically for this.

Unfortunately, they're out of business.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are two phases for cleanup, bulk and residue cleanup.
First off I remove the hair system while trying to use the least amount of C22 from my head, then I would use cotton ball to cover the tacky areas that I would try to roll off by using cotton, this method removes the bulk,
The second is to apply C22 on the base and leave it for few minutes then remove the rest, use shampoo to remove the remaining of C22, dry it, and then apply alcohol to prepare it for a reinstall.