Best adhesive remover for .03 thinskin / poly bases?

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend their favorite adhesive remover for UTS / poly bases? I want to apply some to the base (not submerge or soak the base) in order to soften and remove tape reside AND white glue residue around the edges. I'm a little worried about colored adhesive removers like C22 because I don't want any orange tint being picked up by the base material. PURE looks like it might be a good option... Thoughts?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend their favorite adhesive remover for UTS / poly bases? I want to apply some to the base (not submerge or soak the base) in order to soften and remove tape reside AND white glue residue around the edges. I'm a little worried about colored adhesive removers like C22 because I don't want any orange tint being picked up by the base material. PURE looks like it might be a good option... Thoughts?
Isopropyl alcohol... 91-99%.
If the base gets dried out, spray base with water, when clean and dry, to restore flexibility.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard that C22 turns things orange but I've never had an issue with it. I find it to be the best removal method by far.

For tape, alcohol is the best, and for white glue, C22.

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found that alcohol doesn't handle all the tape and glue residue cleanly. So I tested a little goo gone liquid on a piece cut off a stock unit to make sure it's compatible with this particular base material-- then used it to clean the rest of the residue off the piece.

Last edited:

timn420

Reaction score
I use the protouch cleanskin base cleaner for my UTS. I soak some paper towels in the solution, and press them against the skin, then seal everything up in a ziplock for a few hours. The glue comes off better then 91% alcohol, but it still takes some time to get it all off. I may try some c22 to compare.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found that alcohol doesn't handle all the tape and glue residue cleanly. So I tested a little goo gone liquid on a piece cut off a stock unit to make sure it's compatible with this particular base material-- then used it to clean the rest of the residue off the piece.
I know someone else who swears by goo gone hahahaha

I'm sure it's akin to C22 but I don't want to use a product that speficially says it's for lugs & furniture, etc. Just bothers me, as irrational as that is.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you tried KP Pro? I find that to be the best. https://www.superhairpieces.com/kp-solvent/

However, I also think if you're seeing any color on your skin base (especially yellow), that's unavoidable regardless of the adhesive remover you use as they usually turn yellow over time as they break down.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not hard.

If the buildup is tremendous, soak in C22.

If it's moderate, spray & let it sit for a bit. Let manually scrape/brush adhesive off.

Respray and wash w/ soap or dish fluid.