Besides What's Listed On The Leaflet How Much Truth Is There Regarding Min?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen it multiple times, people claiming bloated face, wrinkles and bags under the eyes. So, is there any research supporting this or logical reasoning to why it would happen? Also, if it does appear, like bloatedness for example, shouldn't it happen within days? I'm assuming minoxidil starts working immediately?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Truth ? Heh ... I guess when you see a bunch of people reporting the same thing over and over again you can establish that it's some sort of truth in that, even if it's only just 90% of it or maybe even more... I don't think you can just say that it's in the head of all of them or because of natural aging and so on... For sure mostly really experience some sort and their different interpretation plus ours can only make things worst without some studies... But who does them or how can you trust those studies also, but i guess it's better than just reading 10000 plus posts so you can have an idea of what you could expect....

With finasteride i saw the same thing, besides the different sides from different leaflets, but most people report the same thing, at least the majority... From loss of morning wood, to semen quality, week erections, brain fog and so on... You see now and then a penile shrinkage or gyno but not so much so you can't place it in the same place as with the others that are reported on every forum, every day or week, same thing and line over and over again... With minoxidil i saw the same as you reporting over and over and from now and then some heart problems....

This is the only "good thing" in reading this much about this, the fact that you eventually can really make an idea of the real sides, or at least a part of them, that the majority reports ... Ofc when you finally decide too take it, you can be that unlucky black sheep like i am, and get them all and some that are not on the leaflets, as bonus...

Truth, i don't even know what this word means anymore...
I mean the sides from finasteride make sense, the cause is hormones. Gyno for example is related to estrogen, some can't handle even handle the slightest boost in estrogen and that's why they get gyno. minoxidil however I don't understand the reasoning behind it causing bloated face, wrinkles and so on unless someones allergic to it. So, I wanted to know, if it does happen, why does it happen? Also, heart issues is listed on the leaflet.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen it multiple times, people claiming bloated face, wrinkles and bags under the eyes. So, is there any research supporting this or logical reasoning to why it would happen? Also, if it does appear, like bloatedness for example, shouldn't it happen within days? I'm assuming minoxidil starts working immediately?

Are you talking about oral or topical minoxidil? With the 'bloated face' that's because it can lead to water retention. Minoxidil decreases collagen production which can lead to pre-mature ageing (wrinkles).

If it was topical, I doubt this would happen.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about oral or topical minoxidil? With the 'bloated face' that's because it can lead to water retention. Minoxidil decreases collagen production which can lead to pre-mature ageing (wrinkles).

If it was topical, I doubt this would happen.
I'm talking about topical.