Believe I Only Missed Propecia For A Few Days. Getting A Massive Shed And Worried About It.

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
** FINASTERIDE, not propecia. My bad**

I got a little lazy when getting my refill for finasteride. I believe I only went a few days without finasteride but my hair seems to have already reacted, and not in the best way!
Had good results before, a good head of hair, and this was after 6 months.
Now my hair is shedding really extremely. I'm at about 1 week, and in no time I'll be back where I started (Norwood 2.5 I'm honestly guessing).

People on this site have said you can go up to a month without finasteride and things should be okay, so I don't understand what's going oooooon
I'm curious if this shed is directly linked to the few day(s) without finasteride, and my hair is now resetting, or I just happened to get a massive shed at coincidentally the same time? The latter is less likely I imagine.

Regardless, i'm sure my hair will grow back, I'll just wear a hat for now and hope people will forget in 6 months! The good news is I am 8 days into my shed, and it's only now that the recession is starting to get embarrassingly noticeable (at least to me). So maybe at the 2 week mark I'll see signs of growth

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I'm confused why I'm getting such a massive shed right now. It feels like i am going back to where i started.

Is this normal?
Could my finasteride/minoxidil combo not be working anymore?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride binds to 5ar for 5 days i think, missing a few days shouldn't cause any problems.