Belgravia problem. Need alternative source of Minoxidil w

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am curious if any of you are familiar with Belgravia and are their customers? Well I have been, for the last 4 years, and it did save me from going completely bold in the front and rapidly progressing back in my mid 30ties...

They started me on Minoxidil 4%, later we changed to 5%. Problem is, due to Brexit, Belgravia can no longer ship liquids outside of GB!!! They are basically now offering all their international clients to change to Minoxidil 10% cream. I read a thread here mentioning the cream and higher concentration and it doesn’t sound like a good move. I’m used to Belgravia and their service, although it hasn’t been cheap, but cream is a b**ch to apply and sounds like some people regret going for such high concentration. For the first time in 4 years I am concidering quitting Belgravia and looking for similar liquid product at 5%. Anybody here with the same problem?

What alternative Minoxidil 5% product in liquid form have you had a good experience with and would you suggest? Is Kirkland at all a good idea? It seems very cheap. Thanks for your help!!!

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I've used their 10% cream but it put me in a never ending cycle of shedding and also it leaves your hair quite greasy! The thing is once you've gone to the 10% they've got you in a corner because you have to continue using it through them you cant just buy generic 5% from anywhere.

I would suggest trying Regaine foam 5% twice daily - it's easier to apply to target specific areas and dries the quickest. You could use the mens or women's version they are the same just marketed differently

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too would happen if I agreed to the 10% cream... Thanks for sharing. Are you now switched back to 5% foam? Have you been able to grow back what was lost while on the cream?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I switch back to the 5% and yes I am actually better off using that compared to the cream as the cream caused a constant shed, it may not happen to you as everyone is different but it’s still better to take precaution as once you get into that cycle they will then push you to the 12.5% cream and then when they have a price hike you’ll have to pay it.

Excuse my ignorance but are you male or female?

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I switch back to the 5% and yes I am actually better off using that compared to the cream as the cream caused a constant shed, it may not happen to you as everyone is different but it’s still better to take precaution as once you get into that cycle they will then push you to the 12.5% cream and then when they have a price hike you’ll have to pay it.

Excuse my ignorance but are you male or female?
I’m a 40yo woman, started treatment at 36. The fluid solution has been best, just very convenient in application. What is your experience with foam? I tried it once, and think more ended up on my hair then scalp!

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a 40yo woman, started treatment at 36. The fluid solution has been best, just very convenient in application. What is your experience with foam? I tried it once, and think more ended up on my hair then scalp!
I prefer the foam although I have tried the liquid but the liquid can get a bit irritating to your scalp as it contains PG, with the foam you can just use it where you’d like and rub it in to the base of your follicles plus the added bonus of being able to style your hair after application. But to be honest whichever suits you and makes the application easier for you as long as you stick to a routine of applying it you’ll be fine.

The Belgravia treatment you used, what “dht” blocker did you add to the minoxidil?

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer the foam although I have tried the liquid but the liquid can get a bit irritating to your scalp as it contains PG, with the foam you can just use it where you’d like and rub it in to the base of your follicles plus the added bonus of being able to style your hair after application. But to be honest whichever suits you and makes the application easier for you as long as you stick to a routine of applying it you’ll be fine.

The Belgravia treatment you used, what “dht” blocker did you add to the minoxidil?
Do you mean what I do next to the solution from Balgravia? Honestly I didn’t do anything in addition to that, perhaps it’s my mistake. Question is: since I never used additional drugs/herbs etc. will they actually make any difference anymore? What is your experience?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean what I do next to the solution from Balgravia? Honestly I didn’t do anything in addition to that, perhaps it’s my mistake. Question is: since I never used additional drugs/herbs etc. will they actually make any difference anymore? What is your experience?
We’re you just purchasing only minoxidil from them? They also do minoxidil with dht blockers, caffeine, Azelaic acid, medroxyprogestrone, bio complex but none of those have been put through clinical trials with minoxidil and shown to work.

what herbs/drugs were you thinking of trying?

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
We’re you just purchasing only minoxidil from them? They also do minoxidil with dht blockers, caffeine, Azelaic acid, medroxyprogestrone, bio complex but none of those have been put through clinical trials with minoxidil and shown to work.

I started with 4% + caffeine and lately moved to 5% bio complex.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s ok, the caffeine and bio complex are just additional marketing gimmicks according to some as they haven’t really been tested in trials but don’t let that discourage you I would continue using it. I was using minoxidil 5% with Azelaic acid.

You could try some hair vitamins, that can thicken up the existing hair.

What was Belgravia’s diagnosis of the cause of your hair loss?

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s ok, the caffeine and bio complex are just additional marketing gimmicks according to some as they haven’t really been tested in trials but don’t let that discourage you I would continue using it. I was using minoxidil 5% with Azelaic acid.

You could try some hair vitamins, that can thicken up the existing hair.

What was Belgravia’s diagnosis of the cause of your hair loss?
Thank you for asking that and for replying.

My Diagnosed Condition

Female Pattern Hair Loss
This condition is caused by the genetically influenced presence of 5-alpha reductase which converts testosterone to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT causes the hair follicles on the top area of the head to shrink leading to thinner and shorter hair with each growth cycle.

Diffuse Thinning
This form of hair loss involves an increased rate of hair shedding and subsequent thinning from all over the scalp. Possible causes are a number of things including diet, thyroid problems, haemoglobin and hormonal problems. Stress may also be a contributing factor in Diffuse Thinning or Diffuse Hair Loss.

So now that I will have to move away from Belgravia (I don’t want to jump to 10% and certainly dislike the idea of the cream) there are so many questions and insecurities...
*Am I making the right decision?
*Which Minoxidil 5% product/brand do I choose?
*Where to order from online to avoid fraud?
*How to suplement going forth for better results?
*Should I start massaging?
*Do herbs work, or is it waste of time and cash?

It feels like for the first time in years I will be on my own with this and I don’t want to experiment on my hair - it’s very thin and any loss is immediately visible. That affects the way I feel and creates more stress. You know the mechanism I am sure...

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem :) Have you had your thyroid and iron levels tested? Also your hormonal panel tested?

Which country are you based in? I would stick to Regaine brand.

You could try derma-rolling but just be careful as it can use the minioxidil to go systemically. You could also try Low Level Light Therapy.

in terms of herbs, which ones are you considering?

Yes I know how you feel.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Belgravia is an overpriced racket, just buy normal 5% foam or liquid and needle, maybe add some tretinoin too, save yourself some money.

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem :) Have you had your thyroid and iron levels tested? Also your hormonal panel tested?

Which country are you based in? I would stick to Regaine brand.

You could try derma-rolling but just be careful as it can use the minioxidil to go systemically. You could also try Low Level Light Therapy.

in terms of herbs, which ones are you considering?

Yes I know how you feel.
I’m considering kelp, saw palmetto, licorice, astragalus, aswaganda, siberian ginseg or/and horse tail. Also hearing good things about seaweed and sea moss.

I’m from Amsterdam but currently live in Bali, have to figure out where to order Rogaine from - any recommendations for safe sources?

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Belgravia is an overpriced racket, just buy normal 5% foam or liquid and needle, maybe add some tretinoin too, save yourself some money.
They really are, now that I started looking around I see that. What do you mean by the needle?

Could you maybe drop some links to products and vendors you trust?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering kelp, saw palmetto, licorice, astragalus, aswaganda, siberian ginseg or/and horse tail. Also hearing good things about seaweed and sea moss.

I’m from Amsterdam but currently live in Bali, have to figure out where to order Rogaine from - any recommendations for safe sources?
I would suggest introducing one thing at a time if you’re going down that route for 3 months at a time to see what effect it has.

Try these:

They are legit and should deliver to you

Kriss de Valnor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would suggest introducing one thing at a time if you’re going down that route for 3 months at a time to see what effect it has.

Try these:

They are legit and should deliver to you
Hi Skyline, hope your scalp is lush and doing great :)
I’m about to shop for new supply of minoxidil 5% and wondering if you’ve cone across the dilemma I have. As you know I’m a on Belgravia liquid. I’m used to liquid and feel unsure about foam, but here’s the problem with Rogain products availability and options for me as a woman:
*Rogaine 5% liquid solution - BUT for men
*Rogaine 5% foam for women

Do you think it will make a difference if I go for men product? Does it really matter the men/women or is it just marketing?
Lastly, are there perhaps benefits to foam that I’m not aware of?

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and experience!

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I hope you’re doing well! No the 5% won’t make a difference if you’re a man or a woman it more a marketing thing, however lately I’ve been having issues with the foam if I’m honest, I’ve switched back to Belgravia 5% as you get 1ml in a syringe, and when in a rush in the morning I find the regaine form some days you apply more and some less. The regaine liquid is alcohol based so it’s quite irritating to some. Try the Belgravia with biocomplex if you can otherwise normal minoxidil should be fine.