Being told you look old...

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
You come home for christmas, meet some people you haven´t seen in years at the pub and you get the "wow, you look so much older". Stuff like this gets to me.. You see a lot of your old buddies with perfect hair all groomed up, perfect skin, not aging one bit. Wish I could have something done to my hairline. And what can you do about wrinkles on the forehead?

GeminiX

Reaction score
This reminds me of probably the worst of the experiences I had when I had lost all my hair.

About ten years ago I was with my step-father; He was 63 years old at the time, I was 31. I was asked by someone I had just met if he was my brother!!?!

Now I think about it, the most common remark I get from people who have known me for a long time is that I look much younger now.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
For some people and it's probably the majority of folk, they can shake off the baldthing and for some reason it's funny to make fun of hairloss. I love the double standards from liberal chics who'll say "don't hide hairloss. Baldies are hot etc'' yet they are the ones who wouldn't date a baldie, or if they did, he'd have to look like Vin Diesel.

Also how People think they can call you 'Nazi', 'Thug', 'Big Baby' etc and think it's jest. I've also had compliments as well when I had a shazed head but how people think they can just come out with this and that some people will not be offended. Yet, if we called them Speccy, Fatty etc it would be bad taste as a slag back.

It seems to be acceptable to slag off baldies, and since receding a lot and thining I've noticed this e.g in TV programes unless it's a tough guy The Shield, Vin Diesel, Statham etc most of the Characters all have NW1 or at a push NW2. Look at Mad Men, excellent show but no bald main characters.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
I shaved my head once and everyone at work said I looked like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia and joked around. I laughed it off, but man, who wants to be told they look like someone with AIDS.

S&L

Reaction score
I think it's good to have prepared responses for that type of situations .
Just something to make people understand you won't tolerate stupid remarks

I'd go for " at least I don't look stupid " while looking at the person right in the eyes , but that's my character , people usually know I don't get fucked with

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't think anyones ever told me I look old.... if it weren't for my baldness I look quite young. I have good bone structure and complection. I have been told however on many occasions that I look different with/without my hat on.... like a completely different person. I've had this one lady I've been working with for five months now not even recognize me outside of work with my hat on. I felt like George in a bad episode of Seinfeld. Oh well, what are you going to do besides b**ch on the good old HairLossTalk.com and wear a hat? Check and check.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Well a shaved head is the best solution to this as it can make you look so much younger than keeping the hair you have left. I have very good skin for my age and no wrinkles on my face. I look at people who are the same age as me and even though they've got a NW1 they have already got crows feet, bags under their eyes, lines on their forehead etc and given the choice i would much rather be me than be them. At least if I shave my head people will think that i am still in my early 20s :)

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
Well a shaved head is the best solution to this as it can make you look so much younger than keeping the hair you have left. I have very good skin for my age and no wrinkles on my face. I look at people who are the same age as me and even though they've got a NW1 they have already got crows feet, bags under their eyes, lines on their forehead etc and given the choice i would much rather be me than be them. At least if I shave my head people will think that i am still in my early 20s :)

I don´t know about that.. I have a truly bad headshape. Narrow in the front and gets wide towards the back with a ridge. I think I have to buzz pretty soon because hair just don´t look good. But I risk looking like a freak...

25 and having to deal with this sh*t. It´s bad when you start avoiding get- togethers because you don´t want people to see what you look like..

What are really the options you have if you want to look younger, are hair transplant and botox all we have?

CCS

Reaction score
captain_que said:
You come home for christmas, meet some people you haven´t seen in years at the pub and you get the "wow, you look so much older". Stuff like this gets to me.. You see a lot of your old buddies with perfect hair all groomed up, perfect skin, not aging one bit. Wish I could have something done to my hairline. And what can you do about wrinkles on the forehead?

Everyone I know says I look young. That is because I'm physically fit. But if I go to an 18 year old alcoholic party, they will be polite unless I make the slightest negative comment about any of their behavior... then they will say I look really old. But the fact is someone my age should not be there anyway. If I looked better, sure. But young drinkers are down right boring. If I looked better, I would get a good looking woman closer to my age.