being black and bald

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
LooseItAll said:
I think that black men actually think opposite and think they are in worse situation as they cannot comb their hair and hide bald spots or receding hairlines.

^ this

This is about the only thing I agree with you on. Being black with aggressive hairloss is a b**ch for us. If we start to lose it, our only option is to shave it all off.

....which looks fine for 99% of black men. Bald is acceptable. It doesn't destory the look of black men whatsoever. This isn't an opinion, its pretty much a universal fact.

White bald men look awful for the most part.

Why, again, are you expecting sympathy?

Just because you're deluded?

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
LooseItAll said:
I think that black men actually think opposite and think they are in worse situation as they cannot comb their hair and hide bald spots or receding hairlines.

^ this

This is about the only thing I agree with you on. Being black with aggressive hairloss is a b**ch for us. If we start to lose it, our only option is to shave it all off.

....which looks fine for 99% of black men. Bald is acceptable. It doesn't destory the look of black men whatsoever. This isn't an opinion, its pretty much a universal fact.

White bald men look awful for the most part.

:agree: Couldn`t have said it any better.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
LooseItAll said:

^ this

....which looks fine for 99% of black men. Bald is acceptable.

Let's face it. Being bald and shaved is acceptable for everyone as long as they are not whining about their hairloss. Hair loss alone will not make you look unattractive black or white it doesn't matter. Not shaving and growing out the remaining hair however will make it worse.

The biggest impact is the confidence blow especially if you are in your teens/early twenties. But if you are able to overcome it and don't have any major flaws in your appearence then you will be succesful with the opposite sex.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
Let's face it. Being bald and shaved is acceptable for everyone as long as they are not whining about their hairloss.

BIG overstatement

LooseItAll said:
Hair loss alone will not make you look unattractive black or white it doesn't matter.

Big overstatment. It all depends on who gets the hair loss in the first place. Only a fraction are Vin Diesel-types.

LooseItAll said:
Not shaving and growing out the remaining hair however will make it worse.

I can agree with that one.

LooseItAll said:
The biggest impact is the confidence blow especially if you are in your teens/early twenties. But if you are able to overcome it and don't have any major flaws in your appearence then you will be succesful with the opposite sex.

If hairloss isnt/cant be a major flaw, then what is?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to agree with the majority and according to many I'm a deluded optimistic

At least these days, there is no comparison between being a bald black man and a white bald man or any other races, and that is the opinion of most.

I admit I have looked at shallow boards discussing baldness, and amongst women who despised baldness they agreed that is only acceptable, or even a desirable trait, if you are black.
Hell, some even come to the agreement to not to even discuss baldness in black men because it is an entirely different thing

By the way, the other day I was looking at old Michael Jordan videos on Youtube and found it amusing how many pointed he was bald back in the days. He really did change the perception of baldness amongst black men, who the hell would make a comment about a head shaved black man today?

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
Hell, some even come to the agreement to not to even discuss baldness in black men because it is an entirely different thing

That´s because it is an entirely different thing.

bigentries said:
who the hell would make a comment about a head shaved black man today?

No one

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairloss effects all races equally. A asian man will hate it, a white man will hate it and a black man will hate it. It varries from person to person, not from race to race. Besides, people cannot be classified as 'races' anyway. We can all reproduce with each other, so we're all one race really. :whistle:

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
U guys are retards, point blank. Im black, and Im pretty sure it affects me just as bad as it does you. I have the biggest, weirdest head shape in the world and the bald look will not suite me but I have to deal with it.

What do you not understand about black people and recession/and thinning????....white guys will nearly have 5-10+ years with your hair than blacks when the balding process starts. AT THE FIRST SIGN OF RECESSION, MOST BLACK GUYS WILL HAVE TO SHAVE THAT sh*t, THE VERY FIRST SIGN.. if you dont, be prepared to be ridiculed and teased for being the dumbass with the george jefferson. White guys hair is usually a lot longer and can be styled to cover up recession for quite awhile. That is why you guys usually start treatments so late into the balding process because you guys figure that your good because it is not noticeable YET because the way your hair is styled.

I hate this sh*t. I do not want to shave my head everyday. Trust me, it is just as bad. I will admit however that when it comes to actually BEING BALD, we do have it better.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
I will admit however that when it comes to actually BEING BALD, we do have it better.

That is the point that I maintain. When it comes to being bald, not only do blacks look better shaved it is also much more socially acceptable for them to be so compared with white people. That is why blacks have it easier than whites when it comes to baldness.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
I will admit however that when it comes to actually BEING BALD, we do have it better.

That is the point that I maintain. When it comes to being bald, not only do blacks look better shaved it is also much more socially acceptable for them to be so compared with white people. That is why blacks have it easier than whites when it comes to baldness.

Which shouldn't actually make a difference really... I know lots of black guys who aren't comfortable with their baldness either (most of them I know from the gym, and they're buff as f***).

Generally speaking, I think the look looks better on blacks to. If only for the fact that their skin is darker, but then again it works for some, and not for all. Maybe we think it looks good, cause we only see the good looking black bald guys when we're outside, and not so much the socially awkward ones (same other way around of coarse).

It just doesn't work that way... Some black guys look good with shaven heads, some white guys also, but we can't generalize saying stuff like "Blacks look better bald" or "I wish I had white hair, so I could style it better". The only thing we can generalize is that we as people just hate to lose our hair.

Besides, I don't think the OP is well understood in this thread.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, so down below in the pic you've got a black dude with an awkward shaped head rocking the bald look, now it might not look great but can you imagine how much worse it would look if he was white?

The black Norwood simply looks more subtle and more easy on the eye than a white pasty Norwood.

Also another important point is that black males who go bald can compensate somewhat with the growth of thick, dark and stylish looking, groomed facial hair. You see many black males rocking this look all the time and it works for them very well.

However many white males like myself just can't do this because even though I have brown hair, my stubble begins to grow out ginger after a few days, it simply looks horrendous.

Though, I do take your earlier point on white males being able to hide recession more easily. I was able to do this for 5years until I got to the NW3 stage, you can't keep doing it forever though, unless you want to be known as Mr Combover.

Attachments

• Bobo_Balde_of_b5ec.jpg
    Bobo_Balde_of_b5ec.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 254

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hate2LoseIt said:

First off, hello all, its been a while since I have posted.

Personally, I am white, but I live in a very multicultural city(London), and I have always believed that on the whole, black guys going bald looks no way near as bad as it is for white guys. Like..Ill never see a black guy with no hair and ever think it looks garish or unsightly. With white guys its a completely different kettle of fish.

Im not saying black guys dont go through similar stresses to others about losing their hair - but I think its fairly accepted that shaved black heads aren't even thought of as 'bald', now days its an acceptable style through choice for them, so going bald just works in their favour to a degree. Much more so then it does for white guys anyway.

I think the OP's point about black guys with recession not looking good has a level of gravitas, ie, if your black you basically want to be nw1-2 with hair, anything more and it looks better shaved, where as white guys can look ok with nw3-4. But hell, I know which camp id rather be in.

I see tons of bald/balding white guys around that makes me shudder because I don't want to ever turn out like them. I see very few black guys that ever look bad without hair. You barely notice.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hate2LoseIt said:

your hypocrisy is hilarious. The man has outlined tangible reasons why despite being black, he feels as if his baldness is a negative thing and it bothers him....then you come here and downplay the severity of HIM being bald for reasons that you have invented in your own mind..."oh, hes black so therefore it isnt as bad and people don't mock, jeer, boo and heckle black bald people..blah blah blah" etc.

But its the exact same as the plenty of people who have told you "man, you're so lucky because you pull off the bald look well, if I were you I wouldn't think twice about it...you have great features to pull off a bald head and theres plenty of women that would find you attractive if you had even a shred of confidence...the real problem isn't your baldness" etc. Yet despite all the positive assertions made by other people regarding your case, you continue to whine and lament like a pathetic little b**ch. Point is, you can't try to trivialize this man's baldness and state that he shouldn't feel upset about it because hes black or whatever dumb reason you think its legitimate, when at the same time you do the exact same thing as him despite the fact there are other bald men far worse off than you in terms of how it makes them look.

And for the love of God, its not just a black and white thing...yes, more black people pull off bald than white people but its still not so black and white (pun intended). Plenty of black bald guys look goofy and plenty of white bald guys look great. Stop making dumb generalizations. And also, understand that psychologically, a black man has every bit as much of a reason to feel negative about his baldness as a white man does despite the dumb reasons you guys maintain that he shouldn't care. Considering baldness is MAINLY a psychological problem, who the hell are any of you to tell a black man he shouldn't care because its not a big deal for black men to go bald? How do you guys know that? Its the exact same as a Norwood 1 coming on here and giving positive advice about how it doesn't matter and the most important thing is confidence...notice how pissed off a lot of you guys get when that happens? Well then stop doing the same thing!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It must be tough for you Q now that I'm not posting on the forums as much as I used to..... you must be pretty bored without me around to jump on. :jackit:

Ok, so what reasons have I invented to legitimize his situation being better off? The fact that his pigment is darker and closer to his hair color to better camoflauge his horseshoe or the fact that a shaven head in the black community is more accepted as a whole than in the white community? Did I invent those things? OK, wow I guess I have more power than I give myself credit for. Thanks for helping me realize that Q. Oh, and H82looseit is black and agrees with my point for the exact same reasons so maybe it is you who is inventing problems.