Beginning finasteride and tingly sensation?

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just a curiosity question, but has anyone else noticed a tingly sensation after beginning on finasteride?
I felt it for a few months after I first started a few years back. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that tingly sensastion around my bum just won't seem to go away.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Make sure you are using Nizoral. That tingly sensation eventually can lead to itching, and inflammation. Its evidence that Propecia is affecting the DHT levels in your scalp. I sense it every so often even though I am not on Propecia, and without fail the itching, inflammation, and irritation comes and my hair starts to go into a mass shed. Nizoral always stops it dead in its tracks.

HairLossTalk.com

eentity

Reaction score
i wouldn't worry man. I've been on propecia for 6 months now, and i'm pretty sure that "tingly" sensation i used to get was all in my head. When i first got on propecia i felt that sensation, but i'm pretty sure now that it was just me being too paranoid or overly selfconcious. You'll be fine bro. Just keep an eye out for any irritation or flaking.

take it easy

Deaner

Reaction score
I kinda like the itching :p Scratching it just feels so good

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
No, no. I don't have that sensation anymore. I got it for a few months 3 years ago when I first started. It actually felt great! I assumed it was doing good things for my scalp. I was just curious if anyone else had felt this when they first started taking finasteride.

G

Deaner said:
I kinda like the itching :p Scratching it just feels so good

yeah, giving your head a good scratch (finger tips, no nails!) can feel soooooo good.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Tynan, nice new avatar, where the hell do you get those from you cheesy bastard!

Weird you should mention the tingle sensation because i still get that sometimes but its not the same pins and needles feeling i got before being on treatments so i'm hoping its all good regarding what HairLossTalk.com said... Be real!

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, what if the tingly, tight feeling is only in a certain area and when you use Nizoral it actually aggravates the area and makes other areas itchy as well. Should you still use Nizoral in that instance and if not then what if anything can I use to remedy the problem?

G

Petchsky said:
Tynan, nice new avatar, where the hell do you get those from you cheesy bastard!

HairLossTalk.com Rule n° 442 - Veteran posters must never reveal the source of their avatars, regardless of how bad *** they are.