Been using dutasteride for 1 year and considering adding finastride

rickbull83

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using dutasteride for about a year. Combined with rogain liquid and in the last few months i've dropped the liquid for minoxidil foam and a few weeks ago have started to use topicl spironolactone 5% cream.

I haven't noticed a huge deal of increased hair but i'm sure my hair is in a better condition than last year.

From reading a few articles recently my understanding is that dutasteride reduces both types of dht whilst finastride only inhibits type 2.

From the studies there were suggesting that finestride may inhibit type 2 dht better than dutasteride and this may be of importance when combating hair loss.

This being said i am thinking of adding in finastride to my routine.

Have others done this?

Alternate days between the two?

WHat sort of dosages should i consider? I understand that dutasteride doesn't need to be batken everyday, but what about finastride?

How much does finastride cost?

Thoughts and comments much appreciated

Cheers

Pondle

Reaction score
Absolutely pointless mate. And you've got things backwards - dutasteride is a stronger inhibitor of type 2 5AR than finasteride. dutasteride 0.5mg/day inhibits 98.5% of DHT from 5AR2, and 50% from 5AR1. finasteride 5mg/day inhibits 90% and 0% respectively.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pondle said:
Absolutely pointless mate. And you've got things backwards - dutasteride is a stronger inhibitor of type 2 5AR than finasteride. dutasteride 0.5mg/day inhibits 98.5% of DHT from 5AR2, and 50% from 5AR1. finasteride 5mg/day inhibits 90% and 0% respectively.

Agree.