been on minoxidil/nizora 12months and finasteride 10 months, 2nd shed normal?

earlybalder

Reaction score
Hi, been on minoxidil/nizoral for a year, finasteride for 10 months. Hair shed 1 month after starting minoxidil, shed lasted for a month or so, got some regrowth, started finasteride with no shedding. hair improved greatly at the 3-7 month mark.

Now my hair has gotten so much worse, I think the shedding has lasted like 2 months and my hair is back to the baseline in certain areas but still better in others. I shaved it to a number 2 because i got so depressed. I think the shedding has been reduced.

I have read this forum for similar threads and nobody really has come up and said yes I got a 2nd shed and now my hair is better than before.

My question is , is it possible that my hair could come back better then before and this 2nd shed could be a normal thing??

the_good_fight

Reaction score
I've been searching for the same info, bad 2 month shed at 2yrs.

If you're not on Finasteride, it will be harder to keep hair, in general.

I think some people freak out with a shed and then as it grows back they don't bother reporting back here.

Seems like the consensus is that if you're shedding healthy club hairs, they'll come back.

If you're not on finasteride, they may come back miniaturized. If you've been on finasteride a long time, you might just be losing some ground if your male pattern baldness is aggressive and it's still progressing.

I appear to be slowing in the shed (now 9wks), and it's a waiting game to see if they'll come back.

Contemplating a #2 as well ;(