Been On Dutasteride For About 3!years Now

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone. I’ve been on dutasteride for about 3 years now. I have had lots of sheds in that time span but the hair grew back healthier each time. I have at least maintained my hairline despite temporary recession from sheds and overall my hair is much thicker. You just gotta stick those sheds out because my sheds went on for the first two years. Last summer was my last big shed. Don’t have any sides from the dutasteride I did at first but it went away. Which was minor ball ache. Also been on minoxidil the whole time. Wish everyone luck fighting their hair loss.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know.

How is your hairline in comparison to your baseline ( before you started with dutasteride)? Mentioned sheds could be triggered by minoxidil and not dutasteride.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know.

How is your hairline in comparison to your baseline ( before you started with dutasteride)? Mentioned sheds could be triggered by minoxidil and not dutasteride.
I say it’s about the same. My hair density is incredible even though I really wanted to regrow the minor recession I had. I have a natural high hairline so even a slight recession looks a lot worse.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 8 months on dutasteride (0.5 mg, Avodart), but I will probably add oral spironolactone 200 mg to my regime next week.

Teflon Don

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo, the Dutasteride is a lot more active than the Propecia & should not be used every day. It's better to take it before/after you missed some showers to have something to compensate for it. Decent shampoo/conditioner is the best haircare you can get imo, not some tablet.

In terms of the Spironolactone, I bought some of this online once to try and I don't agree that it is a good medicine to take at all. It can affect your hormonal balance, although not positively it is EDC.

Flutamide is like this also, although they released Andarine now but I could not be bothered to honor the bill for it yet, it is quite popularly listed as a SARM.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone. I’ve been on dutasteride for about 3 years now. I have had lots of sheds in that time span but the hair grew back healthier each time. I have at least maintained my hairline despite temporary recession from sheds and overall my hair is much thicker. You just gotta stick those sheds out because my sheds went on for the first two years. Last summer was my last big shed. Don’t have any sides from the dutasteride I did at first but it went away. Which was minor ball ache. Also been on minoxidil the whole time. Wish everyone luck fighting their hair loss.
So you did not experience erectile dysfunction at the beginning ?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when you got those sheds, did your donor hair shed too, or was it just the DHT sensitive hair only that sheds?