Been growing out my hair for 2.5 weeks... feels like I might not even be able to wear a hair system

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is my progress in growing out my hair for the first time in 10 years... and my sides and back look really thin and not dense at all.

I had plans to do a skin fade on the sides and back and rock a french crop with the hair system but it seems like that might not even be possible.

Am I unable to wear a hair system given my density 2.5 weeks in of growth?

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211228-195213_1Gallery.jpg

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time man, be patient, it's difficult but it'll fill in significantly. 2 weeks is not much time, another month or so and you'll see

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Jesus one of the most aggressive Norwood 7's with DUPA I have seen. I am sorry man.

At what age did you hit your final Norwood pattern?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like I learned something new, seems to be DUPA

I have no idea when I hit NW7 cause I started shaving it to skin at NW4 ten years ago

This guy seems to have DUPA-like features too no?

I am hoping that is possible to be pulled off in my position

Seems like the system hair on top comes down and blends a bit with the thinning hair? Hmm

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Yes, that look could be doable for you, but do not get a hairline like the guy in that video. It is way too low and straight and a giveaway that something is off with that guys hair.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I have not wore a hair system yet, still learning a lot about it. But, with going for a bald/skin fade on the sides, how much of the hair system can come down over the sides to blend in with the top of the side hairs? would combing some of the hair system down to the sides and cutting it to look like it's part of the sides work for blending with DUPA?

Here is a high skin fade that I will likely have to go for, if I wore a system like this could the area I circled in red come down from the system and look natural enough?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems like this guy also has DUPA and got a system done. Seems good enough but I don't think the blending was as masterful as the first video

Here is a video by Hairsystemtalk where it seems like he just completely shaved his sides and plopped on the hair, doesn't do much in terms of blending but I suppose it looks natural enough?

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like this guy also has DUPA and got a system done. Seems good enough but I don't think the blending was as masterful as the first video

Here is a video by Hairsystemtalk where it seems like he just completely shaved his sides and plopped on the hair, doesn't do much in terms of blending but I suppose it looks natural enough?

Jason's hair looks amazing.

The guy who gets the haircut over his buzzed hair - piece/blend looks terrible.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jason's hair looks amazing.

The guy who gets the haircut over his buzzed hair - piece/blend looks terrible.
I agree it doesn't look good but I can't piece why the blending is not good. Jason's head is literally buzzed down to a 1 all over and the piece works still. Why doesn't it work for the other guy?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't look good but I can't piece why the blending is not good. Jason's head is literally buzzed down to a 1 all over and the piece works still. Why doesn't it work for the other guy?
Different cut, density, lack of gel.

Jason really killed it w that cut. I wear my cuts all such that I can hav a buzz underneath.