Been away for years, is that dutasteride scalp injection thing an absolute breakthrough like it seems?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times in the meantime.

I've had a good hair transplant in 2016 and I went from an advanced NW3 to NW1.5, people cannot tell because I responded well and the finasteride+minoxidil association is working as advertized. My male pattern baldness is under control and I pretty much moved on after years of anxiety and regrets. I no longer lurk hairloss forums.

I came accross a More Plates More Dates video mentionning dutasteride scalp injections, apparently drastically reducing scalp DHT levels, with no systemic absorbtion, and only needed a few times a year. Sounds incredible. Where do I sign?

My dick is working and finasteride is doing its job. I do not regret taking finasteride. But no matter the science and my good experience, I will ALWAYS have that nasty doubt about finasteride limiting my overall sexual well-being. That's why I would switch to that treatment in a heartbeat if it's reliable and safe to make the transition.

What's the science, anyone tried this on this board?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t tried it, but some people have reported decent results on topical dutasteride, like SonicTemples. But it’s not really necessarily a miracle breakthrough in terms of efficacy. Basically, dutasteride can have minimal sides because it has minimal systemic absorption - the molecule has a large molecular mass over 500 daltons. It is too big to be absorbed very much into the bloodstream. However, it also has some trouble getting into the dermal layer where the hair follicles are too. So you would be best doing some light derma rolling before applying it. Why not try it on top of your current regimen? If it works well then you could try tapering off finasteride.

In other news, Kintor pharm is developing a drug called pyrilutamide which is making headway in clinical trials. The drug is supposed to be very potent, with the ability to block a lot of DHT from binding to the receptor. Hopefully it’s side effects are minimal. There are a few other interesting experimental drugs but pyrilutamide is the most promising IMO.