Beefsteak Plant (related To Mint) Shown To Promote Growth

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The active part is Rosmarinic acid which is a GABA transaminase inhibitor, works like VPA but is more of a natural form. I'm not sure it would do too much on its own but in combination with Choi or Way who knows?

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh, sounds familiar...

I wonder if Somebody is already taking this.

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
> rosmarinic acid

rosemary oil. It is already known to be beneficial. I dont know why you'd go for a much more obscure source when rosemary extract/oils are widely available and dirt cheap. In 2015 Rosemary oil was demonstrated to be more efficacious than minoxidil 2% in a small study on men with Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness. The results weren't mindblowing or anything (5% vs 1.7% from memory) i always say the bigger takeway from the study is just how poorly effective minoxidil is despite its FDA approval, but since rosemary is dirt cheap and appears to be well tolerated, i dont think anyone has an excuse for not at least trying it out for a year.

rosmarinic is:
anti-androgenic
anti-inflammatory
inhibits fibrosis/scarring
vasodilator (promotes blood flow)
antibacterial

these are all related to hair loss pathology as we know it today, and while i dont expect rosemary to do anything dramatic as a monotherapy, given its dirt cheap supply and widespread availability, I think its silly for anyone to not at least consider adding it to a regimen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
> rosmarinic acid

rosemary oil. It is already known to be beneficial. I dont know why you'd go for a much more obscure source when rosemary extract/oils are widely available and dirt cheap. In 2015 Rosemary oil was demonstrated to be more efficacious than minoxidil 2% in a small study on men with Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness. The results weren't mindblowing or anything (5% vs 1.7% from memory) i always say the bigger takeway from the study is just how poorly effective minoxidil is despite its FDA approval, but since rosemary is dirt cheap and appears to be well tolerated, i dont think anyone has an excuse for not at least trying it out for a year.

rosmarinic is:
anti-androgenic
anti-inflammatory
inhibits fibrosis/scarring
vasodilator (promotes blood flow)
antibacterial

these are all related to hair loss pathology as we know it today, and while i dont expect rosemary to do anything dramatic as a monotherapy, given its dirt cheap supply and widespread availability, I think its silly for anyone to not at least consider adding it to a regimen.

Could you just add it to a leave on caffeine shampoo etc or does it need to stay on the scalp for a good while?