beckham

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"I've still got hair, I'm still fighting it"

Unless you secretly started taking finasteride 10 years ago as a pre-emptive measure, then I'm afraid I have to inform you that your "fight" hasn't even begun yet David, you absolute douche! :shakehead:

Seriously what is he? NW1.5 at worst, most 36year old guys would kill to have a thick healthy head of hair like that. The fact that he's even talking about it in these terms is a complete joke.

Can't stand it when people who are NW2 or less, try to b**ch about hairloss to me in person... I mean how f*****g insensitive.

Guys whining on Facebook about ...

"I'm only 23 and I've already got a receding hairline! :sobbing: "

Wtf you delusional attention seeker! You don't even have the hint of a receding hairline, you deserve a serious slap! :box: If I had your hairline, it'd be like being 18 again. :shakehead:

Seriously these guys piss me off, the same way NW3s do to UCMan, SAF etc...

s.a.f

Reaction score
"If I do start showing signs of going bald I'll shave it"
Probably just using rogain
One things for sure though, if he'd started to experience m.p.b 15 yrs ago his life would be very, very different.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
He did show signs of balding years ago - I genuinely believe it has been an issue for him and maybe he has used finasteride to maintain his image.

s.a.f

Reaction score
gh05 said:
He did show signs of balding years ago - I genuinely believe it has been an issue for him and maybe he has used finasteride to maintain his image.

I mean 'real' signs, not just in the eyes of HairLossTalk.com's most observant Norwood spotters.
It probably has been a worry though since his image relies heavily on his hair.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
One things for sure though, if he'd started to experience m.p.b 15 yrs ago his life would be very, very different.

Absolutely. I often wonder how we would have done as a footballer if he didnt become such a cultural phenomenon (theres an indictment for modern day culture). Whilst not being one of those guys who thinks he was useless, I do think his footballing career was greatly aided by his fame.

Primo said:
most 36year old guys would kill to have a thick healthy head of hair like that.

Definately agree with you, although he unlike the average man depends upon his image for his living so his hair is more valuable in a strictly financial sense, even before you factor in the human element that no one likes losing their hair

Ben said:
They may piss you off but its never easy losing hair in your 20's regardless of receding hairloss or more severe hairloss beyond a NW2. Unfortunately I had to deal with the receding hairline aged 15

Ben to have gone through that and still be so sympathetic to others makes me think you are a thoroughly nice chap!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
[quote="s.a.f":23xko0r7]

Absolutely. I often wonder how we would have done as a footballer if he didnt become such a cultural phenomenon (theres an indictment for modern day culture). Whilst not being one of those guys who thinks he was useless, I do think his footballing career was greatly aided by his fame.[/quote:23xko0r7]

I predict he'd be just like a Paul Scholes or Robbie Fowler.
Probably worth about £10m and not heard of really after the age of 30.
But because of his looks/image he's worth 15x that much and has managed to have a career well past his best.

He is almost like the Anna Kournikova of soccer.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kournikova is a good comparison.
Hes not in scholes league though IMO, though im sure you werent suggesting that anyway!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
gh05 said:

:agree:

There are pics out there "proving" that. I also think finasteride worked on him, as there are no signs of male pattern baldness today. He was/is a diffuser. There are people on the forum who have completely reversed male pattern baldness, so it is possible.
The issue of Beckham is brought up often on forums. I agree he is very lucky but his father is very bald so eventually he will very likely have to deal with male pattern baldness.

In any case, he has shaved his head before. And he will surely look better than any one of us with his head shaved, so he is fine... :innocent:

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
You English folk and your obsession with this Beckham guy is just weird.

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
david beckham probably make treatment, and achieved good result after all:

Before:

after(2012):

since then hears only a decrease in the temples, is an area where hardly treatments hold for long, Or he may be going through a sheeding minoxidil.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hellboy666 said:

Before:

after(2012):

since then hears only a decrease in the temples, is an area where hardly treatments hold for long, Or he may be going through a sheeding minoxidil.

The only difference is short hair in direct sunlight Vs longer hair at night.

T

TravisB

I would say Beckham's hair is a big mystery. One time it looks bad, and second time it looks great. He is definitely doing something with it.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think he's messing around with it too. He was on Jonathan Ross last week and his hair looked absolutely perfect, like a slick-back model style none of us could pull off :/

No way from some of those old pics he could do that naturally. I think at the very least he's on finasteride, and if he's admitted to it being a 'fight' that must be what he means. :dunno:

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
I would say Beckham's hair is a big mystery. One time it looks bad, and second time it looks great. He is definitely doing something with it.

This is an idea completely ignorant on your part. From 2009 to 2010 beckham losing his hair in a diffuse very fast( With tendency to NW7), And it's very obvious that he did clinical tratment (Keto, finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride etc ...), Had a great result (for a baldness as aggressive as his own).
It shows how no one wants to go bald, even though he was rich and famous, because baldness makes us terribly ridiculous and freaks who have self-esteem will always want to be handsome. Mens who do not care about baldness and still use mudguards are at least: ogres, pigs and disgusting as mens of my family. :whistle:

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellboy666 said:

Before:

after(2012):

The thoughts of him looking in the mirror putting on rogaine foam just doesnt seem realistic. I mean if he felt the need to go thru the hassle of putting on minoxidl everyday he would get a hair transplant. Maybe hes popping finasteride everyday but I highly doubt hes touched minoxidil. He doesnt even need it!! :shakehead:

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair transplants a result of limited and leave a hair more or less thin and often for those who have tendency to NW6 or 7, clinical treatment you have chances to have a much better result and also without having to mutilate his head. I Hate hair transplants. I do not see the problem for him to use Rogaine every day, unless you're a slacker who enjoy living sleeping.