Beatles: Sons Vs Their Fathers Balding Badly

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cant believe this. yeah, they're rich and they could get something done but damn

Attachments

• lennon-mccartney--1-.jpg
    lennon-mccartney--1-.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
they could get something done
How do we know if they actually could?
For what we know, a balding person could:
- not respond to anti androgens;
- respond to anti androgens but get unbearable side effects too;
- not be a good hair transplant candidate (thinK thin donor area)

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jup, BRUTAL

455446738.jpg

Just shows that the thesis father giving baldnesst to son is total nonsense.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jup, BRUTAL

View attachment 97587

Watching old WW2 documentaries with soldiers of all age groups receding but not thinning or progressing to NW6 made me wonder, whether or not our environment does not play a bigger role in the expression of baldness than we thought.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mick Jagger:

Go to 1:28

Amazing hair for a over 70 years old male!

Last edited:

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jup, BRUTAL

View attachment 97587

You could always wear a wig. You could always get surgery. Not the cheap kind but the good kind from doctors for these kinds of people. You could always get a trainer, even if you have mental problems, etc.

My point is: Poor chap. But there's no reason looking like that when you're this rich.

Last edited:

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watching old WW2 documentaries with soldiers of all age groups receding but not thinning or progressing to NW6 made me wonder, whether or not our environment does not play a bigger role in the expression of baldness than we thought.
Soldiers in WW2 were much younger than you think. Going beyond a NW3 in your 20s is rare. Not on here but yeah, overall pretty rare.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Soldiers in WW2 were much younger than you think. Going beyond a NW3 in your 20s is rare. Not on here but yeah, overall pretty rare.

Maybe, but the recruiters were older plus, even if rare I always spot a couple of slick baldies within a class of university students...I have literally never seen that in old photos or movies for people of a comparable age range.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jamie oliver and his father:

Oliver_father_3348240b.jpg

Ah norwood 6 father with his Norwood 1 son.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
My Dad said he lost all his hair by 30, which in technical terms means he went full horseshoe by then. My recession has been very slow, I've actually managed to hold onto the bulk of my hair and I'm 30 next March, so it looks like I will have held onto my hair for longer.

Whilst my temples have receeded and my front and crown is slowly diffusing, I've still got a normal head of hair to most normal people and those who aren't bald/balding-spotters who all tend to be male and self-conscious about hair. Some girls raised that I was losing hair but none actually seemed to care. 99% of negative comments were from other guys, which is interesting when you think about it.

The thing that distubs me is that my Dad looked like sh*t age early 40's, horseshoe and chubby. He looked mid fifties age early 40s. Easily 10 years older then his actual age. But my mum has youthful genetics, thank god, so hopefully I won't look so old by then. Very depressing to see how old he looks in family photos when I was a baby.

Right now recession is the last of my problems. Lots of recent problems around relationships with women - exes still circulating, new girls I've been dating, stuff like that. Sometimes sh*t happens to you that makes you forget about hairloss when you have other life stresses.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My Dad said he lost all his hair by 30, which in technical terms means he went full horseshoe by then. My recession has been very slow, I've actually managed to hold onto the bulk of my hair and I'm 30 next March, so it looks like I will have held onto my hair for longer.

Whilst my temples have receeded and my front and crown is slowly diffusing, I've still got a normal head of hair to most normal people and those who aren't bald/balding-spotters who all tend to be male and self-conscious about hair. Some girls raised that I was losing hair but none actually seemed to care. 99% of negative comments were from other guys, which is interesting when you think about it.

The thing that distubs me is that my Dad looked like sh*t age early 40's, horseshoe and chubby. He looked mid fifties age early 40s. Easily 10 years older then his actual age. But my mum has youthful genetics, thank god, so hopefully I won't look so old by then. Very depressing to see how old he looks in family photos when I was a baby.

Right now recession is the last of my problems. Lots of recent problems around relationships with women - exes still circulating, new girls I've been dating, stuff like that. Sometimes sh*t happens to you that makes you forget about hairloss when you have other life stresses.

If anyone dares to comment about it, it's always other men. Surprised girls commented on it when you've kept most of your hair???

I'm a nw2.5 with diffuse thinning all over and I have yet to get a comment on it from anyone ever.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone dares to comment about it, it's always other men. Surprised girls commented on it when you've kept most of your hair???

I'm a nw2.5 with diffuse thinning all over and I have yet to get a comment on it from anyone ever.

Well I am NW3 territory. To be honest, only the last girl I was with mentioned something about my hair. Most people don't say anything and yeah, you can get the odd girl saying something. It's not common though.

I'm more concerned by my overall lifestyle to be honest. I have become more of a hermit over the past few years. I mean, I still go out and see people, but I don't have any real hobbies right now. I'm planning to get involved in a few things going forward but at the moment, I'll see friends here and there for dinner, meet-ups, so I'm not a total loner. But I realised, how can I expect to meet a girl I feel inspired by and excited about if my life is pretty boring. Perhaps I shouldn't judge myself. I guess there is nothing wrong with being an introvert. I am somewhere in the middle but I do spend a lot of time by myself. I recognise if I had a few more hobbies and things 'going' for me, then I might have a slightly more exciting life.

Its not just about 'appearing' exiting, but about feeling excited, about having a glow and feeling like you are thriving in life and have lots to look forward to. I realise that I've sort of retreated somewhat recently from living my life. I guess I started a new job recently, and I've been sort of focusing on that and doing my exercise in the evening, but I've got to a point where I want to start doing a bit more. Keep on considering salsa classes but to be honest, I'm very nervous about that, and secondly acting classes. Also interesting but I'm nervous about that too. So there is a lot I want to do but a fear is holding me back a bit. I'm sitting in my comfort zone right now.