beast's story

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
i am sure glad to have found this web-site, as it contains great info. well i'm a 29 year old male that has suffered from hair loss from the age of 21. during the last 8 years i've used a few methods to cover up my recceding hair line and balding crown. i ALWAYS have worn a hat whenever i'm not at work even before i stated balding, so many people don't know about my current hair loss situation. i also have spent lots of time in the bathroom combing my hair to hide my recceding hairline, but this doesn't work as well these days, as my hairline is farther back.

i have not tried any drugs, hair-systems, hair transplant, or consealer type products yet, because i see them as a life-long thing that will cost thousands of $$$$. i have considered just shaving my head and being done with the whole hair loss issuse. this would be the cheapest way of going about it. i've also considered to just do nothing, and let nature takes it's course.

i look forward to posting on this site, and getting to know everyone better.

beast.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what i am doing man. I am letting nature take its course....for now atleast.

My hair looks decent. Maybe when I am really showing I'll get scared and jump on the treatments.

crayola

Reaction score
the decission to fight it is up to you; as is the means by which you decide to do so. I cut merck proscar into 1/4 pieces which ends up costing me about $15 a month. I also use Nizoral shampoo; 1 bottle lasts me about 4 or 5 months. All I can give you is the reasurrance that so far my confidence has improved a lot. I suggest that you do a lot of research before you make any decisions so that you are confident in them and don't doubt yourself in the long run. This means checking out clinical trials and taking user comments with a grain of salt. Check out http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/ and search for finasteride related metiral. It always makes me feel better about my choice. Research Research Research. It's your decision and you must be confident in it.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
yes proscar is a deal , and it has crossed my mind often. i'm waiting for my medical insurance to kick in and might give it a try for a year .