Beard Transplant Options For Thickening A Sparse Beard

mash

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but I would really appreciate some personal advice on this subject. I have a lot of very thick hair under my neck, but my beard hair on my cheeks, upper lip and chin is sparse and wiry. When clippered down to stubble, it's barely noticeable, and when grown out to a longer beard (how I would like to have it) it is translucent. I have attached some photos to this post for reference.

My beard is important to my image and I want a thick and full beard. I have tried using Regaine as I've read that this can stimulate beard growth, but it made no difference at all after 6 months of use.

There is family history of male pattern baldness, but I am not affected (I am 34 years old and still have a full head of very thick hair, whereas my brother, father, grandfather and great grandfather were all bald by 20). I have inherited my beard from my father who has similarly sparse growth.

I am able to entertain all options, wither follicular implantation or any other method. I am happy for donors to come from my head if necessary, but would prefer for them to be taken from my neck if this is an option, as they will more closely resemble beard hair and I would not miss the hairs from my neck at all.

More than anything I am concerned about longevity. If I am going to spend potentially thousands on treatment, I want to know that the transplanted follicles will survive indefinitely.

I'm UK based, so unsure if that makes any difference in terms of available and regulated treatments. Travelling to mainland Europe might be an option if a more effective treatment is available.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3149.JPG

(Thumbnail images)

mash

My Regimen
Reaction score
One further note, I am considering booking a consultation at a clinic in London, but I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the name here.

mash

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve had an initial consultation at the Wimpole Clinic in London and they have estimated that 1800 grafts would double the density of my beard and they have reassured me as to the permanence of this. The procedure will cost £6,000 which is worth it in my opinion to have the beard I have always wanted. I will be booking in over the next couple of months and will post progress pics.