Bdd Triggered By Hair Loss - Looking For A Motivation Group

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah if he takes trans drugs then it's more than just hair loss. He's talking about suicide. Dude is sick and is in urgent need of help.

I don't see how becoming suicidal over hair loss can be seen as an extreme thing, it can be a very debilitating issue which greatly impacts your looks.and can lead to suicide ideation.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how becoming suicidal over hair loss can be seen as an extreme thing, it can be a very debilitating issue which greatly impacts your looks.and can lead to suicide ideation.
It's very uncommon, so it's extreme by definition.
I dont judge though, I surely know how this sh*t can effect you

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pegasus, i was using minoxidil along with spironolactone and dutas for two years, things were nearly excelent (nearly excellnt with the hair, not with other parts of my body which i was obsessed with). Then i got seborrheic dermatitis and had to give my hair a rest (except shampooing with nizoral twice a week until the seborrhea stopped). after that i decided to drop the minoxidil, and as i suspected, spironolactone + dutas did the same work, there was no need for minoxidil. It lasted good that way at least a year. As long as i didn't get seborrhea that's the best solution, minoxidil is nothing compared to spironolactone.
That was all good until 4 months ago. the depression of Corona curfew and social distancing got me into emotional eating, i compensated my solitude with a lot of junk food, i couldn't control it. Then seborrhea broke worst than ever. since then i'm still shading, though now it's moderate, and anyway the huge damage that has already been done made the hair look awful. that threw me down into dust, i don't feel part of humanity. i'm short, distorted every way, and now hair deprived. i hardly look at people, all i see is my unworthy despicable being.

Last edited:

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kids these days think everything is BDD. BDD is when you obsess over an imaginary or minor flaw. Serious hair loss is a real and major flaw. What you have is not BDD, it's depression brought on by a real issue. You are going to have to learn how to deal with it.

not entirely true, there are variants to it, bdd is also when you're overly affected by your flaws. I have bdd (diagnosed by psychiatrist) and every flaw I'm affected by is real and there, it's simply that normal people would still be able to function with these flaws and care less about them, but in my case these flaws consume my mind and mental health and heavily impact my "confidence" and mood.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where exactly is what you said in disagreement with what I posted?

well I kinda overlooked the "minor flaw" part and only saw the "imaginary".

but I mean none of my flaws are minor and they still diagnose me with bdd

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, this was refreshing to read, not gonna write my life story here.

If it isn’t my hair, it’s my teeth. When somebody tells me my teeth are fine, i obsess over the little scar on my nose.

And then i look at all my bellyfat (this one i kind of deserve though), but everybody says i’m too thin.

In 2014 i was convinced my nose was rotting because i snorted Coke alot those days. Even used flaslight in front of bathroom mirror to see if it was worse than a couple of hours ago. Thank god that was bs, but only time proved me wrong.

It’s tough.

FailSafe55

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not BDD lol. BDD does not exist. You are just a baldcel who is scared and freaking out. Totally normal given your situation.

BDD is for good-looking Chads who think they are ugly. It's not for ugly sub-human depressed rats