Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
All depends on the amount of fibrosis. Keep treating your hair even if it's not working to prevent further damage so that when something like BAY does come out you can benefit from it.

"However, FAPD is often diagnosed with delay and well established before introduction of treatment, and destruction of hair follicles in the scarred area is irreversible"
Would the destruction by way of fibrosis be reversed through wounding and a wnt agonist?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, can someone clarify whats the current best treatment to prevent fibrosis/scarring alopecia? I want to make sure it never happens to the point of no reversal before this promising treatment comes out...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would the destruction by way of fibrosis be reversed through wounding and a wnt agonist?
That's what Follica does. Once we have access to this antibody I think it opens up a lot of possibilities. It's pretty easy to get vellus hairs with wounding and minoxidil, and this antibody seems to turn any vellus hair terminal again.
Yeah, can someone clarify whats the current best treatment to prevent fibrosis/scarring alopecia? I want to make sure it never happens before these promising treatments come out...
Minoxidil spironolactone, or eplerenone.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read up a bit on prolactin and found out that it basically doesn't perform any important functions in men. Can this be confirmed?
With the regular intake of zinc and ashwagandha (I read this term for the first time) the prolactin level can be lowered, but at the same time the libido increases.
So would it make sense to take zinc as a dietary supplement?
I've read that maybe low prolaction men lower our defense against some infections

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what Follica does. Once we have access to this antibody I think it opens up a lot of possibilities. It's pretty easy to get vellus hairs with wounding and minoxidil, and this antibody seems to turn any vellus hair terminal again.

Minoxidil spironolactone, or eplerenone.
Follica is very sketchy. They use minoxidil with complex derma device. I mean what can the device do that derma pen dosent do already?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pls dont derail the thread everyone knows Follica is a sh*t company

Follica was mentioned to argument that the first step in the cure (reviving dormant follicles) has been already solved, and the missing part (turning vellus to terminal with high sucess rate) is the missing part that this antibody will hopefully solve.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe if you wanna be infertile.

The other guy was right. You don't know what you're talking about.

Lack of Prolactin function actually increases GnRH secretion so FSH, LH and T goes up - contributing to increased spermatogenesis.

So how would no prolactin effect fertility in men ?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did some quick reading on the negative effects of very low prolactin as I wasn't very informed, and it apparently such a state can induce a low 5AR type state by reducing the output of adrenal androgens (DHEA for example), and can result in low DHT, which I'm guessing is where a majority of the effectiveness of this treatment comes from.

So, again, another promising treatment is going to come down to being highly anti-androgenic and whether or not you can tolerate it. I'm just going to assume that the more effective a treatment is, the more intense the side effects are likely to be. If you're comfortable with a low androgen state, I'm not sure whats keeping someone from stacking finasteride/dutasteride with ru58841, which I can't imagine wouldn't provide some results for most.

Adrenal Hormones make up a tiny fraciton of serum levels though. Generally if you look at users of Dopamine agonists that tank their Prolactin, T levels shoot up - which presumably would also be the case with the antibody. Who knows..

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think "the cure" (NW7 - > NW1) will come in the form of a drug like this or hair-related cell cloning?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a few points of interest.

DHT increased PRLR binding to 150% of control values at 0.1 nM in best cancer cells.

It seems more than plausible that AR also upregulates PRLR in the HF.

Now, about the antibody.

The treated macaques all had long-term baldness. Out of 11 macaques tested with the compound 5 of them were over 66 in human years, and three of those responded to the treatment. Every animal younger than 66 responded well. Completely bald scalp areas responded the best. Younger animals responded the best, but it's not clear how old the non-senile animals were. Some of the responders had been bald for decades.

The range of increase was 50-220 terminal hairs/cm2.

There were no apparent safety or tolerability signals during or after 6 months treatment.

It could be demonstrated that there was a robust and visible efficacy in bald and transition areas.

Last edited:

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

DHT increased PRLR binding to 150% of control values at 0.1 NM in best cancer cells.

Now, about the antibody.

The treated macaques all had long-term baldness. Out of 11 macaques tested with the compound, 5 of them were over 66 in human years, and three of those responded to the treatment. Completely bald scalp areas responded the best. Younger animals responded the best to treatment, but it's not clear how old the non-senile animals were. Some of the responders had been bald for decades.

There were no apparent safety or tolerability signals during or after 6 month treatment.

It could be demonstrated that there was a robust and visible efficacy in bald and transition areas.
It's so hard to contain my excitement for this. Fingers crossed HopeMed doesn't pull a Jon Knight and ends up not doing anything, not even a phase 2, with this.

When you say "completely bald" doesn't that still just mean thinning? In the preclinicals the "bald" areas went from approximately 100 hairs to 200, so doesn't that mean they still had some hair?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so hard to contain my excitement for this. Fingers crossed HopeMed doesn't pull a Jon Knight and ends up not doing anything, not even a phase 2, with this.

When you say "completely bald" doesn't that still just mean thinning? In the preclinicals the "bald" areas went from approximately 100 hairs to 200, so doesn't that mean they still had some hair?
Good question. I wish that was more clear. The patent defines "bald area" as "initially hairy yet affected by complete loss of visible, e.g. terminal hairs". Yet Figure 3 in the patent shows the bald area at 103 terminal hairs before treatment. Perhaps those 103 hairs didn't meet the definition of vellus hairs(<2mm), but still weren't very visible?

I think that's likely what they mean, as stumptailed macaques of that age would look bald in the front center of their scalp. Any hair they had would not be thick, long hairs.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

1614325101076.png

Macaque
Chimpanzee
Human

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 157858
Macaque
Chimpanzee
Human
That was an interesting read, what I took from it is that having 100 hairs for a Macaque is very close to bald for them?

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

DHT increased PRLR binding to 150% of control values at 0.1 nM in best cancer cells.

Now, about the antibody.

The treated macaques all had long-term baldness. Out of 11 macaques tested with the compound 5 of them were over 66 in human years, and three of those responded to the treatment. Every animal younger than 66 responded well. Completely bald scalp areas responded the best. Younger animals responded the best, but it's not clear how old the non-senile animals were. Some of the responders had been bald for decades.

There were no apparent safety or tolerability signals during or after 6 months treatment.

"The range of increase was 50-220 terminal hairs/cm2."
1494470093-1494439855-1480081450-ris42.png