Basic French lace vs Lace Hair System With Thin Skin Perimeter and Lace Front

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a hybrid system - thin skin base on most of the system, but Swiss lace for the hairline. I wear my hair longer, and have a custom system (typically around 10 inches long). I also put my hair in a central parting (or sometimes combed back). Thin skin looks MUCH better than lace for a central parting (with lace, you can see the dots, but not with skin), however lace seems to look better (and last longer) for the hairline. I don't find a skin base limits how I can style the hair. If it's freestyle, you can style it how you like. I've tried all lace systems before, but now I prefer a hybrid.

Also, skin systems are easier to clean and you can leave them attached for longer since the tape or glue doesn't seep into base (a problem with lace....). I can leave my system attached for 3 to 4 weeks easily. I clean and redo the hairline once or twice a week on average, which doesn't take long. To avoid losing hair from the hairline when you clean the hairline, all you have to do is clean the glue away from the hair or clip the hair up with some hair clips/pins and then you can gently clean the base without getting glue into the hair or pulling any of the hairs out. Be gentle.

Typically I use Supertape for the back and sides of the hair system, and either Walker Ultra Hold glue or Walker Lace Front Thin tape for the hairline.

The other advantage with a thin skin base is that you can barely feel any edges.

Last edited: