Basic French lace vs Lace Hair System With Thin Skin Perimeter and Lace Front

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using french lace since 1 year but now I need order new system. One thing that bothers me about french lace is the tape glue that penetrates the lace and goes into the hair making me impossible to clean it properly, so the lace always has sticking glue on the edges of the lace(also the hair above) no matter how hard i try to clean it. On front I'm using glue which I replace it every 3-4 days, so it goes away perfectly on every clean, only sides and back I get this issue. Further more, due to tape glue residue , the lace it doesn't fix so well. One other detail is that after each tape removal, I need to manually clean the glue from the lace which will lead everytime to some level of hair loss. not much but that hair will never be restored. I replace the tape every 2 weeks, maybe its too long and that is why the glue from the tape goe into the hair ? Im using Ghost Buster | Wig Adhesive Remover to remove the tape but it doesnt work to clean the glue from the hair, what other option do I have to fully clean the glue from my actual hair system ? I'm thinking to order french lace but with Thin Skin Perimeter and Lace Front or with PU back and sides. What do you think of that ? Will it last one year as my actual hair system and gateway of all that stick lace and hair from the tape ? Thanks alot!

What I use right now:

HS7-Full-French-Lace-Hair-System-for-Men-1-1024x1024.jpg

What I want to order, one of this 2, which one is better ?
HOLLYWOOD-French-Lace-Hair-System-with-Poly-around-1-600x600.jpg

Q6-French-Lace-Hair-Systems-with-Clear-PU-Back-Sides-1-600x600.jpg

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question - btw, did you say you easily get the glue you paint on off easily at the front of your all-lace unit, because you change it every 3-4 days?

I'd MUCH rather switch out every 3-4 days than go 7-10 and have major issues, esp with these new .06mm poly unit w French lace front.

I like French lace as I don't feel like the v-looped hair in my .03 and .06mm units is as styleable - I feel like French-knotted hair can be manipulated in every way imaginable while v-looped is more limited in that regard.

I'd personally go with the second model - because it's more robust-looking and has an A-contour. Since those are only pics I don't know the actual thickness of the poly in either case...

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question - btw, did you say you easily get the glue you paint on off easily at the front of your all-lace unit, because you change it every 3-4 days?

I'd MUCH rather switch out every 3-4 days than go 7-10 and have major issues, esp with these new .06mm poly unit w French lace front.
Yes, only front area where I use glue.

Thanks alot for your answer, so I shouldn't order any more all-lace unit,right ? I don't really know the advantages of all-lace French unit.

The first picture with With Thin Skin Perimeter and Lace Front is v-looped hair , right ? I dont understand why v-looped is not as styleable, they say Base Material - French lace with clear PU all around. No info related to the thickness

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, there is a huge difference between THICK poly and skin poly.

I don't know how the hair is put into it - I think all skin poly is v-looped but I'm not sure? Sorry.

I absolutely believe lace hair moves in more directions than v-looped.

Hope this helps.

So you're saying whatever lifts after 3-4 doesn't transfer to the base of your system? The glue only remains on your head?

I'm so sick of cleaning glue off of my pieces. It's the biggest hassle associated w wearing. I'd definitely go 3-4 days if it means bypassing cleaning the base and having to only clean glue off my head - which is easy.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, there is a huge difference between THICK poly and skin poly.

I don't know how the hair is put into it - I think all skin poly is v-looped but I'm not sure? Sorry.

I absolutely believe lace hair moves in more directions than v-looped.

Hope this helps.

So you're saying whatever lifts after 3-4 doesn't transfer to the base of your system? The glue only remains on your head?

I'm so sick of cleaning glue off of my pieces. It's the biggest hassle associated w wearing. I'd definitely go 3-4 days if it means bypassing cleaning the base and having to only clean glue off my head - which is easy.

V-looped hair is annoying and the 'roots' look terrible if you have dark hair - especially as the system ages and hairs break off, leaving the 'root' looking like a black dot. It is difficult to re-style it after the salon has cut it into a particular direction and that again is an annoying thing with v-loops.

As for cleaning of glue, I find that a single layer (sometimes 2) is enough to give me a good 5 day hold. After that time the glue breaks down quickly and 90% remains on my scalp rather than on the system. Bearing in mind that this is a UTS. The clean-up is then very simple.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
V-looped hair is annoying and the 'roots' look terrible if you have dark hair - especially as the system ages and hairs break off, leaving the 'root' looking like a black dot. It is difficult to re-style it after the salon has cut it into a particular direction and that again is an annoying thing with v-loops.

As for cleaning of glue, I find that a single layer (sometimes 2) is enough to give me a good 5 day hold. After that time the glue breaks down quickly and 90% remains on my scalp rather than on the system. Bearing in mind that this is a UTS. The clean-up is then very simple.
Doing 1-2 layers at present.

I think v-looped hair looks reasonable - certainly lace looks better, particularily in the front.

I wouldn't call the cleanup "easy," though. It's easy to get off the base, ya, but it's hard not to get the glue you're removing into the hair during the process...

Any tips?

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, after 3 days it goes away very nice, no hair loss at all, make sure that you use original products (not China copy), buy it from original resellers. I use Ghostbond Platinum

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using french lace since 1 year but now I need order new system. One thing that bothers me about french lace is the tape glue that penetrates the lace and goes into the hair making me impossible to clean it properly, so the lace always has sticking glue on the edges of the lace(also the hair above) no matter how hard i try to clean it. On front I'm using glue which I replace it every 3-4 days, so it goes away perfectly on every clean, only sides and back I get this issue. Further more, due to tape glue residue , the lace it doesn't fix so well. One other detail is that after each tape removal, I need to manually clean the glue from the lace which will lead everytime to some level of hair loss. not much but that hair will never be restored. I replace the tape every 2 weeks, maybe its too long and that is why the glue from the tape goe into the hair ? Im using Ghost Buster | Wig Adhesive Remover to remove the tape but it doesnt work to clean the glue from the hair, what other option do I have to fully clean the glue from my actual hair system ? I'm thinking to order french lace but with Thin Skin Perimeter and Lace Front or with PU back and sides. What do you think of that ? Will it last one year as my actual hair system and gateway of all that stick lace and hair from the tape ? Thanks alot!
Hey man, I'm in the same situation as you as have used french lace for around a year. Two things you should try:
1) Use walkers signature tape, clean-up A LOT easier
2) Use walkers rapid release to get any residue off the lace, it just comes off. Use this all over lace and then pinch into lace where you have residue. Then apply any shampoo for normal-greasy hair and again pinch into lace. Then just rinse off. Do this twice and it's normally clean as a whistle.

Signature lasts 4 weeks for me and no messy clean-up. Before I was using ultra hold tape and clean-up was a little messy.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't use tape. Allergic reaction. Otherwise I would...

Can only use WG. It's fine. The cleanup is bitchier, but if I remove earlier maybe it'll be easier.

I think I'm going to try ONE layer :)

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
lkers rapid release to get any residue off the lace, it just
Hey man, I'm in the same situation as you as have used french lace for around a year. Two things you should try:
2) Use walkers rapid release to get any residue off the lace, it just comes off. Use this all over lace and then pinch into lace where you have residue. Then apply any shampoo for normal-greasy hair and again pinch into lace. Then just rinse off. Do this twice and it's normally clean as a whistle.

Signature lasts 4 weeks for me and no messy clean-up. Before I was using ultra hold tape and clean-up was a little messy.
Do you use french all lace system ? Still using it and planning to order the same thing even though glue from the tape it goes inside the hair on sides and back ?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use french all lace system ? Still using it and planning to order the same thing even though glue from the tape it goes inside the hair on sides and back ?
1) Yes I use all french lace
2) Next system same but has swiss lace front
3) Glue from tape doesn't go inside the hair on sides and back for me. Try signature tape.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How is your hold with signature tape compared to ultra hold? I use ultra hold and it’s solid but always looking for better and I saw it’s thinner

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never gone more than 1 week with tape and lace. Body temp and summer temperatures and my scalp chemistry, tape glue becomes gooey. I have tried units 2 with poly sides and back and tape does not seep through so that may help you..however , poly is thicker, so you will feel it when running fingers in unit. Not as undetectable as all lace unit.

You should try removing your tape once a week..also before you remove your unit, drench it with 99 alcohol , leave it absorb well , about 2 mins, then pull unit from scalp. Tape and glue residue should stay on scalp and unit should easily detach..without much glue in lace..

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your hold with signature tape compared to ultra hold? I use ultra hold and it’s solid but always looking for better and I saw it’s thinner
Hold time is as good if not better. Signature doesn't leave a mess even after 4 weeks and as you said it's A LOT thinner. Ultra-hold used to leave a little mess after 3 weeks.

I'm actually thinking of leaving a little gap with the tape on the sides from where it connects to the back. Then will re-do the sides and front every 2 weeks and just the back every 4 weeks. It's dead easy to re-do the sides as it's all straight and will mean only the tape on the back will be old after 4 weeks but that holds the best anyway. I think it's due to fact it gets pressure every time you lie down.

Like you, I'm always thinking of how to get things easier and better. Minimum maintenance and undetectable look is the end goal. Getting there slowly....

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold time is as good if not better. Signature doesn't leave a mess even after 4 weeks and as you said it's A LOT thinner. Ultra-hold used to leave a little mess after 3 weeks.

I'm actually thinking of leaving a little gap with the tape on the sides from where it connects to the back. Then will re-do the sides and front every 2 weeks and just the back every 4 weeks. It's dead easy to re-do the sides as it's all straight and will mean only the tape on the back will be old after 4 weeks but that holds the best anyway. I think it's due to fact it gets pressure every time you lie down.

Like you, I'm always thinking of how to get things easier and better. Minimum maintenance and undetectable look is the end goal. Getting there slowly....
That sounds awesome. I use full 0.06 poly but if it’s thinner and a bit stronger that sounds amazing to me. Will give it a try and see how it goes

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just had to re-do my system the other day for some reason and it's only been 3 weeks. The glue from the tape did leak through a bit this time. However I am from the UK and we have had a period of unusually hot weather. During usual conditions I can get 4 weeks but maybe 2-3 weeks when it's very hot.
However walkers rapid release cleaned it pretty fast as described above but the hold time does depend on weather conditions.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never gone more than 1 week with tape and lace. Body temp and summer temperatures and my scalp chemistry, tape glue becomes gooey. I have tried units 2 with poly sides and back and tape does not seep through so that may help you..however , poly is thicker, so you will feel it when running fingers in unit. Not as undetectable as all lace unit.

You should try removing your tape once a week..also before you remove your unit, drench it with 99 alcohol , leave it absorb well , about 2 mins, then pull unit from scalp. Tape and glue residue should stay on scalp and unit should easily detach..without much glue in lace..
I'm in the same boat -- a week to 10 days. Winter I can get away with a touch over 2 weeks.

I find that C22 does a good job removing glue, I hate the smell but it's not as drying as alcohol.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat -- a week to 10 days. Winter I can get away with a touch over 2 weeks.

I find that C22 does a good job removing glue, I hate the smell but it's not as drying as alcohol.
It's not drying at all. It's oily & requires a lot of washing to get out.

I miss rubbing alcohol removed glue well - but it doesn't.

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't use tape. Allergic reaction. Otherwise I would...

Can only use WG. It's fine. The cleanup is bitchier, but if I remove earlier maybe it'll be easier.

I think I'm going to try ONE layer :)
Hi, I've been using tape for a year now and am beginning to get an allergic reaction to it. I thought I'd try scap protector and hypoallergenic tape and see if that works. I assume you have tried those and it didn;t work for you (?) I have never tried glue. But am curious that you get an allergic reaction to tape but not to glue..Is that right? Is that because the glue is water based?

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wear lace, and i do daily wear since I like to wash my head daily and I don't sleep with it. So I use ultra-hold tape, which works great for the first day. When I take it off I leave the tape on the inside of the system - when attaching I make a small fold at the end of each tape so it's easy to grip and peel off without ruining the tape. Next day i apply a small dab of glue to each tape and it attaches fine. I can do this for 2 weeks or more before the tape needs to be replaced. Yes it take some hair but it still extends the life of the system. I have found this works best with ultra-hold tape and Mity tite glue (both from Walker). I also like lace bc I do my own cut-ins and lace is very easy to cut to size. But seeing your idea I may try some of those other systems myself.