Base Question - For Guys With Exposed Hairline & Swiss Lace In the Front

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have my new system coming in a month but am thinking of making some changes and was hoping for some advice from the experienced members on here.

My current one is my first one and I like Lace but my supplier told me that my system isn't Swiss but it's more like French. It's not quite French either (as I've seen a French lace system and it's very different) so I'm not really too sure what it is. The front looks good under normal lighting but doesn't 100% disappear (I'm being picky I know). I've been told to make it completely disappear, it must be buried in a layer of white glue but I use acrylic. I am therefore thinking of suggesting to my supplier to have swiss lace on the front 3". The rest of it doesn't really matter as it's only the front that's I put a lot of focus on and that's what I want to use the best that's available. I understand this has disadvantages but looking to weigh overall opinions on it.

So I would really like to hear from anyone that has swiss just on the front 3". Does it work well? How long does the front stay 'fresh' for? Is the marginal difference between french and swiss lace really worth it?

Cheers!

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swiss lace is a thinner and finer mesh than French lace so it blends better in with your own skin. Having had different French and Swiss lace hair pieces so far, I never had any issues with the lace and an exposed hairline. One model didn't have bleached knots and even for that it wasn't too bad. With bleached knots and not too much hair density, lace hairlines look good.

I go to a salon for haircut and service every two weeks and this works well. They use glue for about 1.5" in the front and tapes on the back perimeter. The glue they use is Ghost Bond.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Swiss lace is a thinner and finer mesh than French lace so it blends better in with your own skin. Having had different French and Swiss lace hair pieces so far, I never had any issues with the lace and an exposed hairline. One model didn't have bleached knots and even for that it wasn't too bad. With bleached knots and not too much hair density, lace hairlines look good.

I go to a salon for haircut and service every two weeks and this works well. They use glue for about 1.5" in the front and tapes on the back perimeter. The glue they use is Ghost Bond.
Cheers, so how much better is swiss than french lace? Is it worth changing a french lace system to swiss just in the front?

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the Lavivid Helios with Swiss lace recently and found that the hairline looked better than on the French lace hair pieces I had before it. The hairline was graduated and the Swiss lace blended perfectly with my own skin. Different suppliers use lace meshes from various sources so I think the only way is really to try it out with a sample order and compare.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the Lavivid Helios with Swiss lace recently and found that the hairline looked better than on the French lace hair pieces I had before it. The hairline was graduated and the Swiss lace blended perfectly with my own skin. Different suppliers use lace meshes from various sources so I think the only way is really to try it out with a sample order and compare.
This is very useful, thank you!

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I recently got the Helios too. Just wondering what your experience has been like in terms of shedding so far with this unit?

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the unit for about 1.5 months and then switched back to a French lace that was a better match for my own hair colour. I found the hair on the Mirage to tangle more easily and it also shedded some hairs when I washed it in the shower. My haircut is medium length so that could contribute to the shedding and tangling. Also, the hair colour turned out too dark and was too much of a contrast to my bio hair. I keep it as a spare now and would only use it again when colouring my own hair to dark brown.