Base problems

Wolves1234

Reaction score
im currently wearing a front partial full polly base, this system is very durable and lasting, unfortunately the hair line doesn't look natural and looks very detectable. Before this system I had a full lace system and struggled with the hair knotting and matting. Has anyone got advice either where I can find a polly base and lace front or had how to treat a lace system to stop the hair knotting and matting up.
many thanks guys :)

Noah

Reaction score
I don't see why the choice of base would create tangles. There are a couple of possibilities I can think of which might have caused that. First, the hair quality - if it wasn't properly treated to remove the cuticle, and then was inserted into the system in different directions, with the cuticles rubbing against one another in opposite directions, that would cause tangling. But that is a pretty elementary mistake. If you bought your system from a reputable supplier that shouldn't happen. Second possibility is simply that you didn't baby the hair as much as you need to. System hair doesn't get any sebum from your scalp like ordinary hair does, so it dries out much more quickly. That can be accentuated if you wash it very often (once a week is enough for a system), or spend a lot of time in the sun, or in the sea, or in a chlorinated pool. Systems also need to be conditioned with a very rich good quality conditioner to keep the hair in nice condition. Does any of this give you a clue as to what might have gone wrong in your case?

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, that would do it too. If that is what is happening, it is because you are laying the lace on the glue before the glue is properly dry. It should be dry and just slightly tacky. Alternatively, it can happen if you leave the piece on too long between changes - the glue deteriorates, mixes with your skin oils, and becomes gummy, and then starts to migrate through the holes in the lace. The solution then is to change the piece more often.

Wolves1234

Reaction score
How often would I need to take it off and clean it, my current process with the system I have now is every 2/3 weeks

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tangles are more likely where care isnt taken to keep the hair polar all in the correct direction. Its very difficult to control in this case - think of if as stroking a cat in the wrong direction.

Is it worse after shampooing or pretty much the same all the time?

Moroccan oil and a regular comb may help.