Baricitinib is First JAK-Inhibitor to Demonstrate Hair Regrowth in Phase 3 Alopecia Areata (AA) Trial

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"BRAVE-AA2 is the first Phase 3 study with positive results in patients with AA. Data from an additional Phase 3 study of baricitinib in AA will be available in the first half of this year. Detailed results from the BRAVE program will be presented at an upcoming medical conference and published in a peer-reviewed journal later this year. "

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. This is also a drug that is being used for COVID-19. One of the exclusion criteria is TB. You have to rule out TB in order to take this drug. I think disrupting the cytokine cascade or monoclonal antibodies will be the key to treating hairloss.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. This is also a drug that is being used for COVID-19. One of the exclusion criteria is TB. You have to rule out TB in order to take this drug. I think disrupting the cytokine cascade or monoclonal antibodies will be the key to treating hairloss.

I'm sorry, TB?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TB is tuberculosis. This drug increases your risk of TB.

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baricitinib is an oral JAK inhibitor discovered by Incyte and licensed to Lilly. It is approved and commercially available as OLUMIANT in the U.S. and more than 70 countries as a treatment for adults with moderate to severe active RA and in the European Union and Japan for the treatment of adult patients with moderate to severe AD who are candidates for systemic therapy. Baricitinib is also being investigated in systematic lupus erythematosus (SLE), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and COVID-19.

Interesting that is already available commercially, means we could get out hands on it and try it potentially.

This feels familiar to how Dutasturide was discovered to be effective so then Avodart became an option and then the generics once the patent expired.

I wonder how much OLUMIANT is as well...

EDIT: nevermind its expensive