barf's story

barf

Reaction score
I started losing hair about a year ago (I'm 29), and I've got a wicked spot forming on the crown of my skull. So, I finally swallowed my pride and went to the Doctor today. He got me on Propecia. I'm nervous about the side effects, but more nevous about looking like a cue ball in my thirties.

I began using Rogaine last month and bought some Nizoral 1% today. I took some pictures and will post them as soon as I figure a way to upload them.

Got my fingers crossed. I'm pretty good at keeping a routine going.

:wink:

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Welcome. You'll find a lot of info here...it'll take a while to discriminate between the good and not-so-good. There's a bunch of great guys here, going through the same thing.

You're off to a good start by taking and posting pictures. I recommend tracking your progress by taking photos every month or so. You can use a service like photobucket.com to host them. Simply cut and past the provided image tag into you posts here and presto!

Again, good to have you aboard.

barf said:
I started losing hair about a year ago (I'm 29), and I've got a wicked spot forming on the crown of my skull. So, I finally swallowed my pride and went to the Doctor today. He got me on Propecia. I'm nervous about the side effects, but more nevous about looking like a cue ball in my thirties.

I began using Rogaine last month and bought some Nizoral 1% today. I took some pictures and will post them as soon as I figure a way to upload them.

Got my fingers crossed. I'm pretty good at keeping a routine going.

:wink:

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hell yeah man! Im the same age as you and have been taking the big 3 for 9 mos. now. The difference has blown me away in how good things have gotten and how better things are still to come.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
barf said:

Perfect, you're doing all the proven stuff. Now ya just gotta wait ;)

The only thing I'll mention is that there's a bit of a controversy about whether or not 1% Nizoral has the same anti-DHT abilities as 2%. I originally bought 1% too, then went to 2%. There are numerous canadian online stores which will ship it to ya, should you decide to go that route.

barf

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
hell yeah man! Im the same age as you and have been taking the big 3 for 9 mos. now. The difference has blown me away in how good things have gotten and how better things are still to come.

I wouldn't mind going bald, if it weren't for the fact I've got these big ears, and there's NO WAY I'm going to keep hair on my head 'in bits and pieces'.

I also noticed you lift. Do you find it harder to gain mass or keep up lifting heavier weight now that you're on finasteride? I'm big into lifting too, and I hope the side effects don't take too much of the wind out of my sails.

The only thing I'll mention is that there's a bit of a controversy about whether or not 1% Nizoral has the same anti-DHT abilities as 2%. I originally bought 1% too, then went to 2%. There are numerous canadian online stores which will ship it to ya, should you decide to go that route.

I was kinda concerned about that too. I'm going to stick with this bottle I've got right now. It should last me another two or three months. If I'm not happy after that, I'll talk to my Doctor about filling out a script for the 2%.

barf

Reaction score
I think the minoxidil might be having an effect. i started about a month and a half ago, and I think the crown might be getting a little more coverage. Gotta keep on keeping on.

barf

Reaction score
here's a pic of the crown of my head from feb. 8th.

i'll take another one in the middle of march

dsc006884os.jpg

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell exactly how different the change is without seeing you in person, but that bottom (latest) picture definitely looks like it has more hair and better coverage.

Good for you man! I was suprised myself that I started seeing results in the same amount of time, and the best part is things should only get better from here!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Looks like way better coverage.

Keep with the Propecia, my friend, and don't lose hope.

barf

Reaction score
thanks guys. my friends have actually noticed the coverage, which is kinda nice.

i'll report more as time moves on. good luck on all your regimens